Monitor doubling

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
lbc
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Monitor doubling

Post by lbc »

I am having a problem with monitoring the output of cubase4 while recording. Here is my setup:

PC Running XP and Cubase 4. MOTU 24i and 2408 and PCI-324.

Input = mic pre into 24i channel

Output = Yamaha 01v96 conected to Bank B on 2408 via ADAT Optical.

Here is the problem When I monitor the channel in cubase 4 (channel in set to 24i channel with preamp channel out set to 2408 ADATB-1 (01v96) than monitor through headphones.) I here a doubling, like i am hearing the input and the output slightly delayed. it also happens when i use cumix and assign the ADAT B 1 out to the 24i channel with the preamp. so i don't think it is a cubase 4 problem. whem i record and then listen back in cubase the recording sounds fine(no doubling).

I did a gig a while ago with this same rig(pre-amps pluged in to the 24i reorded to cubase and i monitored via the 01v via ADAT outs of the 2408 no doubling. this also happens if i set the output to 2408 analog 1-2 and listen via the headphone jack on the 2408.

Again i think that two thing are going to the output slightly out of phase. HELP I have a gig on monday
corales
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by corales »

cubase 4 direct monitoring......its on ?
2 MOTU 828mkII
iMac (intel)(the silver one)OSX
Sony Vaio
Vista and XP
Cubase 4
MIDI Guitar
lbc

Post by lbc »

I have tried it both ways, direct monitoring on and off. Also it does it just using cuemix console, cubase not even running
biv0uac

01V96 as DP controller

Post by biv0uac »

LBC,

I read that you are using an 01v96 for an interface. I am wondering if it is possible to interface this mixer to control DP. Is this possible? The online page and the online manual mentions that it does colntol 'other' DAW. Have you tried this? If so, what features does it control, fader, pan, transport?

Thanks

Terence