What about MOTU MSI

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

poshook
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

What about MOTU MSI

Post by poshook »

I bought this VSTi (version 1.1.3) regardless many negative references about it on the web and I have to say "Good purchase".
I am PC user (worse platform for MSI) but:

- flawless installation
- flawless integration in ableton live 6.x
- rock solid stability
- low CPU usage

about SOUND:

- overall sound is very good and it is very easy to get good sounding final mix without special effort (which is needed in most of other orchestral libraries)

I own a part of Kirk Hunter Symphony Orchestra in Yellow Tools Independence library and I was surprised how good fit these two libraries together in the same project and be sure MSI is not the weaker but equivalent partner with slighter but very suitable and easy legible sound.
ransomhskr
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by ransomhskr »

i've found SI to be a good utilitarian tool. for the money and what you get, i'd definitely recommend it to augment any orchestral instrument.

there are just a couple of quirks that i have found so far: some of the instruments don't have the full range of their capability (for instance, the trumpets don't have a high "c," the timpani doesn't have a low D), and the solo oboes are just not very good.

other than that, for ease of use, broad spectrum of sounds, and cost...it's pretty good.
hpmusicman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MSI

Post by hpmusicman »

I love this program.

To be honest, it can be a memory hog sometimes, but for me it I use one instrument at a time I'm good.

I think all the instruments sound great.

I have a macbook Core 2 Duo.

Chris Buck
www.MillionSellerRecords.com