Digital Noise with external word clock

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Qvae
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Digital Noise with external word clock

Post by Qvae »

I'm using 2408 MKII. All 24 adat outs are going to a d8b. On channel 1 and 2 I'm getting very low digital noise(click/pop) when I have the clock set to external word clock on the 2408. Just in case it was the source, I've changed the master between my Lucid, Apogee, and d8b. All of them are causing the 2408 to produce this noise. No, the 2408 is not getting any digital signal from anything else...I disconnected all other digital ins. When I set the 2408 to be the master, everything is fine. Also, it has to be the 2408 because when I put headphones in the main outs of the 2408, I hear the clicking there.

Any help/direction please.
daduz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

clocking

Post by daduz »

I'm new to this forum and new to Motu issues and am looking for answers before I buy so I'm no expert. I have read in numerous threads in different forums that the Motu 2408 demands to be master and that with even the best of external clocks and chained in a correct configuration and terminated properly they all had clocking problems. It has been a mantra, the 2408 Demands to be Master. I know this doesn't answer your question to a point that your problem is solved but it points to the culprit I think and its the clock in the 2408, regards ,,daduz,,
daduz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Gearslutz.com

Post by daduz »

If your not a member you should be it's a great forum. Under Music Computers do a search "Motu PCI-424" its where I read first about the clocking issues with the 2408. My log on name is ,,deda,, on Gearslutz good luck, regards ,,daduz,,