Using the search engine

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
rentadrummer
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Using the search engine

Post by rentadrummer »

I wanted to do a search on Model 12, and see if I could find an answer before posting a question and wasting everyone's time. Instead I get to waste everyone's time answering a question about the search engine. :D

When I type in Model 12, I get 490 posts in the DP forum alone, and that includes any post with the word Model in it, which isn't very helpful. If I use "Model and 12", (no quotes) I get the same number. Same for "Model 12", with the quotes. It doesn't matter whether I select search for any terms or all terms. Is there some way to narrow down the search to include only those posts that specifically mention Model 12, or are there limited options when using this particular search engine?
Ron
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

I'm sure James will be quick to clarify, but I've run into similar problems, too.

Rather than post a new question that's already been answered, I usually attempt a search and haven't been able (at least, yet!) to quite get it to narrow down as much as I'd like.

I've tried your "Google method", too...with operators and with quotes.

Just a quick response...

Buzz
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

I always make sure to search only one specific forum (DP, MOTU Hardware, etc..), which narrows down slightly. I often want to find a recent thread that might have answered something for me before posting a new topic - I guess my RAM needs to be upgraded (in my head, i mean)
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23