BWAV support SIT IN! (no conversion to SDII anymore,please!)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
vier-personen
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

BWAV support SIT IN! (no conversion to SDII anymore,please!)

Post by vier-personen »

I‘m now spending the whole day importing .BWAV files DP to mix and I am fed up, so I‘m starting this

:evil: BWAV support SIT IN! :evil:

If you hate the way DP converts bwavs to sdII, join me!

---edited for clarity---
Last edited by vier-personen on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DP 5.12/OS X 10.4.9/MacBook C2D 2.0 1GB Ram/RME Fireface 400
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Not sure what you're complaining about. I can import .WAV files into DP just fine. Please explain further what your situation is.
robstudio

Post by robstudio »

not sure here either, DP imports the waves properly, and fast ... all day ?? Now the reason I had to import wav files however .... stinkin omf ...lol

David, do I recall correct, you posted that you have a 328 digital console... if so, please take a peek here if you have a moment...
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23459

Regards, Rob
Mac Pro 2x2.66GHz, 3 GB Ram, OS10.4.11 (not using 10.5), DP5.13, 2408mKIII, 2408mKII, 328 Digital Console (x2), FostexD2424, Micro Lite, QSR, SPX90, URS, PSP, Altiverb, Alphatrack, Shuttle
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I think what you're after is DP to playback WAV files without having to import to SD2. I don't know much about the issue, but it seems like from what I've read, Broadcast WAV is what they should consider doing due to the timestamping and the fact that this format is becoming pretty ubiquitous.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

I 2nd that motion Mr Steele Broadcast wave for DP a must and Now. More important than working at 16/24 bit in same project in my eyes
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
vier-personen

Post by vier-personen »

David Polich wrote:Not sure what you're complaining about. I can import .WAV files into DP just fine. Please explain further what your situation is.

of course you can import bwav files, but DP converts them to sdII - which takes all day on my macbook for this project which has 30GB of bwavs to import - there‘s also the thing with stereo files - if I drop them on the area in dp which opens a new track for the file, DP makes 2 new stereo tracks (one called overheads22 and one overdeads222 or so) so I have to edit out the double files...
also at one point my project got corrupted and I had to start over.
vier-personen

Post by vier-personen »

James Steele wrote:I think what you're after is DP to playback WAV files without having to import to SD2. I don't know much about the issue, but it seems like from what I've read, Broadcast WAV is what they should consider doing due to the timestamping and the fact that this format is becoming pretty ubiquitous.
you are right, that‘s what I meant, see above.

bwav is what I encounter at practically every recording situation I was attending in the last years - except if I pull out my DP...
pcm

Post by pcm »

vier-personen wrote:
James Steele wrote:I think what you're after is DP to playback WAV files without having to import to SD2. I don't know much about the issue, but it seems like from what I've read, Broadcast WAV is what they should consider doing due to the timestamping and the fact that this format is becoming pretty ubiquitous.
you are right, that‘s what I meant, see above.

bwav is what I encounter at practically every recording situation I was attending in the last years - except if I pull out my DP...
What they said...
Dave Connor

Post by Dave Connor »

Broadcast Wav is the way to go I agree. As Mr. Steele said: timestamping and the fact that it's become the industry standard.
2012 Mac Pro 12 Core, OS 10.8.5, 64 gigs ram; 2408 (3), 308, DP 8.07 http://www.daveconnor.net
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Agree but this won't help.

MOTU does not listen to these types of complaints and knows well already that we want it.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

I know ive bitched about it enough in my emails to them :D
gearboy

Post by gearboy »

I'll talk to them at AES. I'm sure that'll help.

:roll:
OS 10.4.11 - G5 Dual 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM / Mac PB G4 1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM / Apogee Duet / MOTU 828mkii w/BLA Analog & Clock mod / MOTU DP4.61 / Live5.2 / Peak 4 & 5 LE / Izotope Oz3, Sp, Tr / Waves Ren Max / TRacks, Miroslav / NI Komplete 5 / GF impOSCar, MiniMonsta, M-Tron / Automat / Nomad Factory Vintage Studio Bundle / apTrigga / Audio Hijack Pro

My recording blog: http://www.ipressrecord.com
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

U betcha. It may.
vier-personen

Post by vier-personen »

let‘s do everything we can :D
vbassguy

Post by vbassguy »

gearboy wrote:I'll talk to them at AES. I'm sure that'll help.

:roll:
Motu was a no show at AES last year.....I wonder if they'll show this year?
G5 quad 2.5 ghz w/ 8 gigs ram, OS 10.5.4, DP 5.13,DP6, Mach 5,Mach 5 v2, SI, two loaded UAD-1e cards, PCIe 424, two Black Lion Modded 24 I/O's, Harrison 3624 console, cool old mics, pre's and compressors.....Great sounding Rooms.........
www.RRRPROD.com