Bootcamp 1.4 fix 'Cuemix State not in Sync...' Traveler &

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
imagist
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Bootcamp 1.4 fix 'Cuemix State not in Sync...' Traveler &

Post by imagist »

In case it helps - I was using Traveler successfuly with a Sony PC laptop but changed to a Macbook and used Traveler with OSX successfully but wanted to also use it with Windows XP under Bootcamp but was getting hiccups and the message -
'Cuemix State is not in sync because the audio stream is not locked'

I upgraded the Windows Bootcamp drivers supplied by Apple to Bootcamp 1.4 and the hiccups and Cuemix message have gone - brilliant!

Perhaps Apple have improved the Windows firewire driver?
Nevandal

Post by Nevandal »

Heh.

I'm getting this problem on my PC desktop running Windows XP.

Same exact message in Cuemix.

I wonder...do you think you could find the driver file and send it to me somehow, I'd like to try it out.
imagist

Post by imagist »

The firewire driver reported by Control Panel is the usual Microsoft one, so it appears that it might have something to do with another layer where the Apple hardware is made compatible with what windows needs to see in some way. I know there were some issues initially with various aspects of the Apple hardware and Windows that have been ironed out.

The firewire controller is reported as -

FireWire/1394 Controller 1
Model : Lucent/Agere Systems (Was: AT&T MicroElectronics) FW322/323 IEEE1394 OHCI FireWire Controller
Version : 1.00
Interface : OHCI
Enhanced Support : Yes
Channels : 64
Speed : 400MHz

But when I look in the drivers CD for Windows created by Bootcamp there are files for Bluetooth, iSight camera, Keyboard, something called NullDriver, Trackpad, several diffferent graphics card files and some other files but nothing that mentions Firewire or Lucent/Agere.

Anyway even if there was a specific firewire driver it would I think be very unlikely to help with any other firewire setup other than the Macbook.

So sorry it won't help.

But as my problem with the Cuemix state not being in sync etc. has gone away it does seem to be possible to fix with software / drivers.
Nevandal

Post by Nevandal »

Well, looks like I'll be waiting for a firmware or driver update from MOTU then.

I'm having the problem with my Ultralite:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22941

I wonder if theres anything else I can do to fix the problem, because whenever the crackling noise starts, that message pops up in Cuemix.