MSI don´t load on PC

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

mindj
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MSI don´t load on PC

Post by mindj »

Hi there !
first of all, hi to everybody.
Here goes my question:
Recently, I got my copy of MSI, and trying to install it on my PC. I followed all the instructions in the manual, and when I launch it, the program doesn‘t load, no screen appears, and doesn‘t appear neither in protools and in Ableton live VST . I also installed in a Mac G4 I‘ve. There it loads, but it doesn‘t have enough proccessing power.
My system is a dell inspiron core duo with 2,16 Ghz and 2 Gb of RAM, and a 7200 rpm HD.
Can anyone help me ?
Thanks in advance !
ihula
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by ihula »

I am fighting with same problems. I have installed MSI now and authorized iLok (10 installations and un-installations at least, with downloaded new iLok driver MSI, installer etc. etc. with all possible combinations).
When I am trying start the software a message is appearing several seconds after:
"Runtime Error ! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application‘s support team for more information"
When MSI loaded to host application I receive the information - "External exception E06D7363" and nothing is loaded.

MOTU tech.support is mute, I afraid that they don‘t know how help me.

My PC: Windows XP, AMD Athlon +1800, 1 GB RAM, HD 80GB with 20GB free space, NTFS, graphic card supporting open-GL.

So I am really helpless. The problem could be solved by another harddrive (probably, last idea) but I will not invest additional money for experimentation with non-functional software at end.

I have strong feeling that purchasing of MSI was not good idea.

I will be grateful if you will share the experience with MSI.
pooh_bear138
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by pooh_bear138 »

I run it on an Atholon 2600+ and have found the following helps:

Right click the shortcut and under the Compatibility tab, check Disable Visual Themes

On my laptop I have also found to get it to run I have to disable Video Acceleration.

Hope that helps you!