Motu 828 MkII Usb 2.0 succesfull History

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
andreadepaoli
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motu 828 MkII Usb 2.0 succesfull History

Post by andreadepaoli »

Hi to all of you guys.
I'm new to this forum, just got into it when I bought my 828 MkII usb 2.0.
Since I've connected the Motu to my Acer aspire 1350 Laptop I got a lot of issues.
First of all the sound dropped randomly and Cubase Sx2 crashed while using the Motu MIDI port and glitches during audio recordings
I've tried all the solutions.
My previous system on laptop:
athlon xp 2,6 ghz, 1,512 ram ddr2, windows xp home sp2,mainboard with VIA chipset.
I tried these solutions: disable the internal audiocard, download and install all versions of the Motu firewire/usb drivers, windows xp pro sp1 and sp2, increasing the virtual memory but nothing to do...always the same troubles...
I was about to send my Motu 828 back to the shop till I tried a new system.
I changed my pc and now everything works perfectly.
I got a desktop pc with this features:

windows xp pro sp2
cpu Intel core duo 2,66 ghz
4 gb Ram ddr2
2 250 gb Sata Hard drive
mainboard asus with intel chipset 945

Now I'm satisfied. motu converters are very clean and bright and the system is fixed.f
For who works with cubase my advice is to use Cubase from Sx3 to Sx 4 versions.
Also Sx 2 works but it gives troubles by using MIDI because the 828 MkII MIDI ports are in emulation default state.
It is possibile the get over it by moving the portfilter file to main Cubase sx folder.Anyway it's better using the newest versions of any sequencer, motu drivers and audio editors.
I hope this could be helpful for someone.
thanks for being helpful for me also.
Best regards
Andrea De Paoli
fsshome
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Motu 828 MkII Usb 2.0 succesfull History

Post by fsshome »

First of all the sound dropped randomly and Cubase Sx2 crashed while using the Motu MIDI port and glitches during audio recordings
For who works with cubase my advice is to use Cubase from Sx3 to Sx 4 versions.
Great, I'm having the same problem with my MOTU 828 Mk 2 (Usb), can you tell me which version of Cubase SX are you using exacly :?: