Tell me where I'm at....

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Fuj
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Tell me where I'm at....

Post by Fuj »

Ok... 1st timer so get u'r gunz out..

Problem. No audio out from monitors.

Just got new Ableton Live, Remote SL, Ultralite set-up.... all installed with new updates, new drivers, all good me thinks.

However, No audio out from monitors. Only on headphones. Checked the channel config. in Live (Chan. 11/12), correct MOTU Audio ASIO as audio device and type. All good.

The funny thing is that when I enable the test tone within Live, it comes out through both monitors. Great... it works but.....

When I press a key, audio is registered on Live, the phones output on CueMix (Not main outs) and thru the headphones only. However Ultralite does not show that audio is coming in/out.

Running XP with good specs.... but with a NEC firewire chipset. NOW IS THIS ISSUE? I just want to know before I go out and get myself a Texas Inst. chipset that MOTU recommends. I've done the firewire speed fix too.

I havn't fooled around with CueMix, just snooped around to see if i can fix the problem there.

It just seems I'm so close to sorting it out, that I reckon it could be just a simple fix. Posted in Ableton forum too, I've been reading too many forums it's done my head in.......

Come and save me!!!
Atardecer
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Atardecer »

I guess one thing to check is the channel config in Live's preferences. I remember trying for ages to find the Mic 1 & 2 inputs from my 828 MKII in Ableton, only to realise that they come up as inputs 9 & 10. But youre talking outputs here. Hmmm, if you're getting test tone thru the monitors then you can rule out any air gaps there. I would definately check your cuemix settings. Chances are you are monitoring and bussing everything to your headphone mix but nowhere else.

Cheers,
James
Fuj
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Fuj »

Thanx for the reply..... I've sorted it out.

In Live it seems that I've configured the main out to channel 11/12 in the output preferences, but did'nt assign those channels on the main output itself!

Another 'duh' newb moment.... plenty more to come.

Fuj. :D