Strange Site Behavior

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Frodo wrote: ....but, okay. I'll give Camino another try <scoots feet>
It's all I use but it is also a good idea to keep others around. Firefox, Safari and Opera. But by far, Camino is my mainstay. LOVE the bookmarks bar! I have about 35 sites at my finger tips. Too cool and it works! Also like the "disable flash from playing automatically" or whatever it's called. No more dumb ads!!!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

Frodo wrote:
....but, okay. I'll give Camino another try <scoots feet>
Camino rocks!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I like Camino overall-- and am using it now.

I need to spend some time configuring preferences big time. There are quite a few defaults that need changing-- but there are things about each browser I like better than the other two.

It'll just take an hour or two to get closer to months of gradual tweaks done with Firefox and Safari-- and not import bookmarks without duplicating old ones, among other things.

I'd like to try a new skin for Camino as well.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
blue

Post by blue »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:But by far, Camino is my mainstay. LOVE the bookmarks bar! I have about 35 sites at my finger tips.
How is this different from Safari? Or Firefox. Is there something special about the way Camino handles the bookmarks bar?

I'm downloading it now. I checked it out a long time ago but I think it's time to give it another go.
MIDI Life Crisis

blue wrote:
How is this different from Safari? Or Firefox. Is there something special about the way Camino handles the bookmarks bar?
It stacks them into as many rows as you need so if you add a bunch, you can see them all. Other browsers (unless they've changed) have a single line and some kind of arrow system to access beyond the hidden bookmarks..
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
blue

Post by blue »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
blue wrote:
It stacks them into as many rows as you need so if you add a bunch, you can see them all. Other browsers (unless they've changed) have a single line and some kind of arrow system to access beyond the hidden bookmarks..
Ah, OK. Yea, Safari allows you to create folders in the bookmark bar to achieve the same thing. In the bar they show up as little arrows. Click the arrow and there are all your bookmarks in that folder. It's very cool. I have all the sites I visit regularly accessible in the bookmarks bar, organized in folders by category. You can also have each folder open together in tabs with one click, or have them accessible via a pulldown.

One thing I really like about Firefox is the live bookmarks for RSS feeds. Safari doesn't have that yet, but I imagine Camino would.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Make sure it's version 1.5.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

cuttime wrote:Make sure it's version 1.5.
Thanks-- so THAT'S my problem. I was just about to fuss about it being so dreadfully sluggish... updating now.
MIDI Life Crisis

Frodo wrote:
cuttime wrote:Make sure it's version 1.5.
Thanks-- so THAT'S my problem. I was just about to fuss about it being so dreadfully sluggish... updating now.
Still open slow and can take a bit of time to fill the cache.

Late night for me... early meeting... zzzz....
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I've got Camino 1.5 and just went to MOTU's site to check out the video for M5v2 again. I closed that tab and the movie frame lingered over my other open tab.

I can't figure out how to get rid of the spastic cursor, and it's just way too slow. Sorry, guys. I'm going to hover between Firefox and Safari.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
monkey man wrote: If we all empty our inboxes here, d'ya think it might help? :lol:
That's like totally disgusting, man!
:lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here