Bloc Party remix

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
Atardecer
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bloc Party remix

Post by Atardecer »

Hello all,

Just finished what is my first "proper" remix (ie. a remix that i actually FINISHED) Its for a radio station remix competition here in Australia. The song is "The Prayer" by Bloc Party. I made a point of not actually listening to the original track at all (i still havent actually) just for a bit of fun. Anyway, constructive criticisms would be appreciated (it is perhaps a touch long at 7 minutes i know). If you actually like it feel free to rate it - not that i have any intentions on winning this thing, it was just mainly for my own reference. It can be found here. Look for BPRMX.

Cheers,
James
Akai96

Post by Akai96 »

Nice Material. :)
JadeLatrell

Post by JadeLatrell »

I really enjoy that track. Nice job.

Did they give you access to tracks or stems for the contest?

Was that a little Lama I detect in there?
MacPro 3.0, 5GB RAM, DP 5.12, BLA modded MOTU Traveler, Rosetta 800, Muse Receptor, UAD-1e, Kore, Komplete 4, Cakewalk Dim Pro, and then some. LaChapell Audio 992 EG (Brimar and Mullard custom tubes), True P2Analog, Sytek MP4A, Adam A7s, MacBook Pro for mobile
Atardecer

Post by Atardecer »

Thanks for the comments :)

Yeah, we had access to the stems as mp3 files - drums, synths, bass, guitars, vox. I only used tidbits of the original sounds, except, of course, for the vocals.

Regards,
james