A Proud Father

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
sndhse
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

A Proud Father

Post by sndhse »

Hi Guys.
I thought I would share a song I wrote with my 13 yr old daughter. (Of course recorded in DP)
As some teenagers are, my daughter has been going through some difficult times with friends and continued peer pressure, as parents we try to find ways to deter exterior influences and promote a sense of self. So this past weekend I cancelled all my sessions. It was a time to focus totally on her.
I asked her to write down some thoughts for a song (she's always loved to sing) My wife, who is a wonderful lyricist helped her put these thoughts into a lyrical form. I wrote some music, my daughter sang it. We had a awesome time, and I think my daughter did an awesome job.
Her mother told me she's already working on the next song. (yes i am divorced)
She was so proud of herself. Music to my ears. What a wonderful buisness we are in.:D

Hence "A Proud Father" :D:D:D:D

I hope you enjoy it
John

www.soundhousestudio.com/itsfinallytime.mp3
G5 Quad 6.5GB ram/2408MKIII/MTPAV/Mackie d8b
DP 6.01/OS 10.4.11
B4, Kontakt 2, Absynth 3, Stylus RMX, Ivory 1.5, Addictive Drums, Sampletank 2, Ivory, East west Gold/XP, East West Symphonic Choirs, Reason 2.5, Waves Platinum, Altiverb, Vst Wrapper etc...
billf

Post by billf »

Very nice/ You have good reason to be proud.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
KarlSutton

Post by KarlSutton »

Nice! - what a great way to spend time with your daughter.

My kids (4&2) are in the studio all the time, our recent christmas collaboration was a blast.
MPB 17" 2.66 i7/8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, DP 7.24, 828 mkII, Ethno 1 via Ultimate Soundbank, MX4, MSI, Komplete 9, Ivory, Stylus RMX.

for a time:MacPro6,1 3Ghz 8 core 32GB RAM
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Hey, sndhse.

Thanks for sharing that.
You're a good father; you just gave something many (including myself) are/were not lucky enough to receive: Time with dad.
Serious time, too.

There's something about her voice, an honesty, that I really like.
There's an energy of "beginnings" in the piece, too.

You should be "A Proud Father".
Well done, man; you give me hope for mankind. :wink:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
sndhse

Post by sndhse »

Thanks Guys, much appreciated. There's nothing like being a witness to a growing passion.

John
DP 6.01/OS 10.4.11
B4, Kontakt 2, Absynth 3, Stylus RMX, Ivory 1.5, Addictive Drums, Sampletank 2, Ivory, East west Gold/XP, East West Symphonic Choirs, Reason 2.5, Waves Platinum, Altiverb, Vst Wrapper etc...
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

It's definitely cool to hear the happy results of a father working with his kid. Who knows how invaluable that time spent will be?

Small things count.
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kelldammit »

gotta love when the whole family gets involved. it really speaks volumes...
my dad used to sneak the 4-track when noone else was around and record his sick little ditties, much to our amusement/feigned horror (reggaedeth?)
fun stuff!
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.
tw_247

Post by tw_247 »

wow, your daughter has a great voice! i can't believe she's just 13! that's awesome you make the time to spend- and that it's something you can enjoy too (writing/recording is much more fun than playing ponies, but my lil one can't be convinced of that).

i'm seriously impressed by the performance. great job, on your parts (the instrumental, right?) and hers!

thanks for sharing. i can't wait till i can hang out w/ my kid like that (not that i can't spend meaningful time w/ her now, but refer to the pony comment :wink: ).
frankELF

Yes!

Post by frankELF »

I love it.
FWIW from a non-expert, i prefer the vocal to predominate over the accompaniment more, but that's just my personal preference.
It's a great thing to do this with your daughter. Congrats.
FrankELF
(To be added her soon: Profound quote to live by)
sndhse

Re: Yes!

Post by sndhse »

frankELF wrote:I love it.
FWIW from a non-expert, i prefer the vocal to predominate over the accompaniment more, but that's just my personal preference.
It's a great thing to do this with your daughter. Congrats.
Thanks frankElf. I agree with you on the vocal. I should probably update the song, since it has been mixed now.

John
DP 6.01/OS 10.4.11
monkey man

Re: Yes!

Post by monkey man »

sndhse wrote:... I should probably update the song, since it has been mixed now.
John
Do it, John. Yay! Thank you in advance. :D

I re-downloaded the original and placed it alongside the brilliant 3 offerings you made recently.
I've already stuck my neck out regarding your ability, so won't lyric waxical this time, but... you're a very talented fella. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
RainMan7

Post by RainMan7 »

Congrats on focusing on whats really important in life. I definitely should learn something from your example. Its so easy to get locked away writing music for projects and producing music that it sometimes becomes difficult to show attention to the people that lovingly surround us.

Good on you mate!

The song is very nice. Not my bag, but I like the simplicity of it. Very beautiful emotional track.

Nice work!
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Great project sndhse good song as well.
If you don't mind sharing what effects do you have on that Vocal is that a Chorus or Flanger I hear.