I would NEVER make it in the blue collar world! :-(

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
chickmagnet
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: I would NEVER make it in the blue collar world! :-(

Post by chickmagnet »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Butt, don't you have to stay on topic in your off topic topic?

Topical... I mean, typical! (Or is that tropical?)

That's reversed, you have to be "Off Topic" in order to be on topic, because the forum itself is Off Topic. Trust me, monkey man will understand this logic, and he will explain much better than I can. :D
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by billf »

chickmagnet wrote:Dude, don't go back on topic in this forum. It's called the "Off Topic" forum for a reason. :-)

Besides, if you and gary and billf and the rest the crew stop the shenanigans, it might get very boring in here.

Keep the humor going guys. 8)
Sorry chickmagnet, I'm retiring from the Humor Patrol. But I will write a letter of recommendation for you if you want to take my spot. :wink:
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
garymadi

Post by garymadi »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
garymadi wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Are ya' done yet? :P
Not a chance Skippy. :D

Too much raw material.

I'll form the "Hole in the Head Gang".

Butch will be up for grabs considering gender.

Sundance will only be around once a year and will be a great outlet for moving images and a better excuse to travel and plug some sanity into your life. :wink:
Actually, I'll have a film at Sundance this year. Hope you guys find work soon, or at least something better to do with your "extra" time than annoy the animals.
What's the films name, I know the animials names.
garymadi

Post by garymadi »

billf wrote:
garymadi wrote:OK, I feel totally ostricized. :cry:
Gary, don't fret. It can't be as bad as having to be this guy:

:D
I thought my high school annual pictures were all gone. Where'd ya find this one?
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

garymadi wrote: What's the films name, I know the animials names.
The working is: "Not a chance Skippy"

The release title is still under consideration so as not to conflict with an earlier version. So I remain mute for the moment.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
garymadi

Post by garymadi »

monkey man wrote:
garymadi wrote:Call Monkey Man, MIDIlifecrisis & billf.
They're always good for a couple fresh ideas. :idea:
Well... the cattle will remain fresh as long as they don't thaw, so your Sunday roasts are safe 'till spring time.

This thread's scaring me. It's thrown me.
Well done, Gary. :shock:

OK, in an effort to regain some semblance of my former, limited sanity, I'll return to the topic:
My first job involved stacking 140 tonnes a day of fruit juice and cordial at the end of a production line onto pallettes, taping them up and shifting them with hand-forks.
Lost the use of my hands for 3 years as a result, and 'cause I was gigging 'till 3:00AM at the time and starting work at 6:30AM, I managed to completely run myself into the ground.
Never having had a chance to recover fully, I continued to have nervous breakdowns at the rate of roughly one a year.
18 NBD's later, I sure hope I'm done with 'em. :?

Still recovering from a lifetime of shocks, both physical and emotional, although I'm relieved that the worst of it seems to be over. :D
Next! If anybody can come back my monies on you. I surf with a guy who has a broken back. He has himself tied to the board and we take turns shoving him into waves. We call him sled-boy :)
garymadi

Post by garymadi »

monkey man wrote:
garymadi wrote:OK, I feel totally ostricized. :cry:
You don't look anything like an ostrich to me, Gary. :lol:

I seem to remember your having described your sense of humour as caustic not too long ago.
The Mac Dictionary defines it thus:

caustic
adjective
1 a caustic cleaner: corrosive, corroding, abrasive, mordant, acid.
2 a caustic comment: sarcastic, cutting, biting, mordant, sharp, bitter, scathing, derisive, sardonic, ironic, scornful, trenchant, acerbic, abrasive, vitriolic, acidulous.

Dang, man, dang. :shock:

billf has a nice picture of me when I still had hair in the previous post, you might have included it in your post. You hurt my acidulous feelings.
The rest is dead on Dude!

Bald is only for the people that have to see it.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

MLC,

Nice new avatar.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Phil O wrote:MLC,

Nice new avatar.

Phil
Thanks, I try to keep the coming... :)

But the word is - no more pinups.

Is it me? Or does it seem a little dull around here?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
garymadi

Post by garymadi »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
garymadi wrote: What's the films name, I know the animials names.
The working is: "Not a chance Skippy"

The release title is still under consideration so as not to conflict with an earlier version. So I remain mute for the moment.
I like it...rings a bell. Would it be possible that you tripped across a post one of the local weasel's made and caught some inspiration? Is there an animal in the flicka? :D
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

This all is too funny. I remodeled and added on to a house that had a ¾ acre lot in Portland, I did the work my self. My dad was a contractor so I have done this sort of thing since I was a kid.
2 years ago I sold that place and bought a house in the country, the house was a group foster home 7 bed rooms and 4500sq. ft. so there is a lot to do, one good thing is that it has one room 30••™ by 30 ••˜ this is my music room. I am fixing the place up. I have already added on to it, storage and mud room.
I am putting up steel beam barn right now and some work sheds.
Also the last owner kept up only about 2 acres of the 21+ acres so I am clearing fields thinning trees making roads and trails. I am also landscaping a few more acres around the house, just put in 50+ rhododendrons that I dug up from a local nursery and other plants.
Oh I am over 50 years old and I am doing the work myself with very little help .
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Topical... I mean, typical! (Or is that tropical?)
10.5C in here - fingers stinging just as they do when inserted in ice water.
I think I'll go with "tropical". :D
chickmagnet wrote:
monkey man wrote:I'll return to the topic:
Dude, don't go back on topic in this forum. It's called the "Off Topic" forum for a reason. :-)
Besides, if you and gary and billf and the rest the crew stop the shenanigans, it might get very boring in here.
Keep the humor going guys. 8)
Thank you for the vote of confidence, chickmagnet.

The warning at the entrance of the area not to feed the monkey is best heeded though.
I don't know what they're worried about, I mean, I end up cleaning up the mess afterwards anyway.
I'll bet they just assumed that because I'm decked out with the better part of a laundry that someone employs me to scrub the scuff marks off the walls.
The fact that I live here wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?
Nooooo.... :?

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

twistedtom wrote:Oh I am over 50 years old and I am doing the work myself with very little help .
This is how I want to be, Tom.

I'm still stuck in believing I'm no good with my hands, the fact that my pappy ignored me (when he wasn't mad) whilst I was growing up saw me reaching adulthood sans skills.
I'm just figuring out how cars work at the moment, and was never taught how to work with wood (or anything), repair things and so on.

Somehow, I'm still hoping I'll wake up one day with the skills and confidence to tackle these things.
In reality, I figured that when I finally start earning enough dough to justify buying some tools and materials, I'll have a dabble and hopefully learn heaps.
Thanks for sharing that, Wizard. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here