buy/sell/trade?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
JES
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

buy/sell/trade?

Post by JES »

Hi All,

Wasn't there at one time a buy/sell/trade forum here? Or am I just missing it now?

Thanks.

--JES, not wanting to break rules by posting an unwanted "for sale" ad.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: buy/sell/trade?

Post by James Steele »

JES wrote:Hi All,

Wasn't there at one time a buy/sell/trade forum here? Or am I just missing it now?

Thanks.

--JES, not wanting to break rules by posting an unwanted "for sale" ad.
Never. See the sticky at the top of the DP Forum. No for sale ads here.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

If you're looking for a place to do so, you can go here for free:

http://tradingpost.sweetwater.com/
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

BradLyons wrote:If you're looking for a place to do so, you can go here for free:
Wow. Thank you, Brad!

This sure beats our local Trading Post newspaper, which for 20 years dominated the s/h music market and was essential reading.
Greed for advertising space, draconian policies and eBay all contributed to its sad demise.
I'm such a sucker after buying it every Thursday for 20 years though, that I still indulge most weeks.
What used to be at least an hour of fun reading and dreaming has been reduced to a paltry 2 minutes or less.
Oh, and the price of admission has increased 5 fold since I started buying it. :sad:

Your link goes into my on line Classifieds folder. Thank you again! :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

Yeah, few know of it and while it's not 100% safe as far as scammers go, understand places like Ebay are hangout places for scammers....Our Trading Post is for the music world, it's a small world when you think about it. And well, it's also free and focuses ONLY on music gear.
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
billf

Post by billf »

BradLyons wrote:If you're looking for a place to do so, you can go here for free:

Oh wow, that is the worlds best kept secret. Thanks for the tip Brad. 8)
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

in fact, there is a 2408mk3 over there right now for $499!
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I waited to see if James would remove that post before replying :-).

Good to know about. I hadn't seen that main page before; just maybe a link to a specific auction/sale. So I didn't know until now that it is a service provided by Sweetwater and not a Sweetwater warehouse sale of used gear that you must first send to them. That makes a big difference.

This may well be worth looking into vs. eBay, for future music equipment resales. I have grown increasingly disenchanted with eBay, and especially PayPal, as they have geared themselves more and more to the corporate seller vs. the individual seller. PayPal continues to "accidentally" reset my cash receiving limit to $141.36 each month, requiring lengthy phone calls when I do place auctions. I think I get the hint.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

Correct, this is for END USERS. We figured since we don't really deal much with used gear and some of our clients need to sell a product off before buying something new, it would be a win-win. It provides end-users an avenue that is "safer" and deals direct with other musicians where the only products there are actual music-related items....no digging through piles of completely un-related items just to search for something as you find with Ebay. Plus, IT'S FREE!
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Certainly I trust Sweetwater WAY more than eBay and PayPal :-). Thanks for letting us know about this service -- especially as there was no greed involved in posting it :-). I commend you for not taking a percentage.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

BradLyons wrote:Correct, this is for END USERS. We figured since we don't really deal much with used gear and some of our clients need to sell a product off before buying something new, it would be a win-win. It provides end-users an avenue that is "safer" and deals direct with other musicians where the only products there are actual music-related items....no digging through piles of completely un-related items just to search for something as you find with Ebay. Plus, IT'S FREE!
Good thinking, Batman. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here