Quick MP3 (and video) from concert I recorded last weekend.

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Quick MP3 (and video) from concert I recorded last weekend.

Post by BradLyons »

This is one of the songs I recorded live on location last weekend, it's not mixed by any means....but a fun tune of what I've been working on. There was also a full string section, but they didn't play on this tune. The choir had a Royer SF12 on it which I think answers "can the SF12 really be used live?".

http://www.audioandmidi.com/media/audio/singasong.mp3
Last edited by BradLyons on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

Great job, Brad, given the limitations you faced. I mean, had you used Digital Performer, the brass would have had more funk, those voices would have shined, the soloists would have sounded less pitchy, and the whole thing would have been SNAPPIER! But aside from there being no DP involved, it overcame those limitations quite well, and your skill produced an excellent Pro-Tools rendition of what happened on that stage. Good work, Brad! Your ability to transcend adversity is notable!

;););)

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

I know I know, if I were using Digital Performer instead of my lowly ProToolsHD system.... the vocals would have been in-tune, the guitars would have been in rhtyhm, the drummer would have played with more excitement and more people would have showed up to the event. It wasn't quite a sell-out, but if I were recording with DP then clearly more would have showed up! :lol: 8) :lol: :P

However, I at least have my L3 working! :twisted: hehe sorry, couldn't resist that one 8)
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

BradLyons wrote:However, I at least have my L3 working! :twisted: hehe sorry, couldn't resist that one 8)
That's cold, man. :lol:

Downloading...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

BradLyons wrote:However, I at least have my L3 working! :twisted: hehe sorry, couldn't resist that one 8)
Aieeee!!! No Fair! Low Blow! Now I'm going to have to go listen to Diana Krall cry me a river all night long, as the memories of my L3 which never quite made it are going to have me sobbing in my Coke all night long. 8);) Not even Digital Performer could make that authorization work! Sad, sad day.

;)

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

AAAANNND here's the real kicker..........

IT'S ON A WINDOWS MACHINE!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wait, what's that saying----never bite the hand that feeds you?

SHOOSHIE ole buddy ole pal oh dear friend :oops: :wink:
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
KarlSutton

Re: Quick MP3 (and video) from concert I recorded last weeke

Post by KarlSutton »

BradLyons wrote:The choir had a Royer SF12 on it which I think answers "can the SF12 really be used live?".
I don't appreciate this blatant advertising for Royer! :wink:

(joking really!)
MPB 17" 2.66 i7/8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, DP 7.24, 828 mkII, Ethno 1 via Ultimate Soundbank, MX4, MSI, Komplete 9, Ivory, Stylus RMX.

for a time:MacPro6,1 3Ghz 8 core 32GB RAM
monkey man

Re: Quick MP3 (and video) from concert I recorded last weeke

Post by monkey man »

KarlSutton wrote:
BradLyons wrote:The choir had a Royer SF12 on it which I think answers "can the SF12 really be used live?".
I don't appreciate this blatant advertising for Royer! :wink:
(joking really!)
I don't mind; I think he's subtly telling us to buy 'em now before they're all sold out.
Last one on the 'phone to Sweetwater's a rotten egg.

Monkey hurries off to check his credit card balance, email his 'Cornie brothers the news and stretch and massage his dialin' digits. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here