My Apple Cinema Display 30 Failed Today

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

SixStringGeek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

My Apple Cinema Display 30 Failed Today

Post by SixStringGeek »

I begin to despair of ever getting my studio up and running - it has been one component failure after another. All new stuff - but failures within the first few days of use. It'll be another week to send it back for repairs. If I have any advice on Apple products - it is to buy the AppleCare. You will use it.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Six String-- this is awful news. There are few greater joys for electronic musicians than getting shiny new gear and fewer horrors than discovering them to be defective.

Man, I'm so sorry you had to go through this! I wish I could say that I haven't been there, but I have-- lots! It's anything but fun.

Hope you get things sorted out quickly.

Peace on ya,
Frodo
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
robstudio

Post by robstudio »

My sympathies six... bummer... I thought I was the only one with luck like that. I've accepted long ago that if there's a bad one (of whatever...) on the shelf, that's what I'll be getting. You've really run into issues with your new machine.... it WILL sort out for you!!! Last year I had an alternator fail on my car. I have no $$$ for mechanics, (wonder why...) so I decided to rip into it myself. A bit of a struggle on the side of the street, but boy was I proud when I fired it up. Vroom, Vroom...... cough, sputter, stall... remove new alternator and back for a test. Hmmm new alternator, no good. The next one was a dandy though. Now if I could just get a new car for that alternator. Hope my story gives you a little chuckle... at least your not pinching your fingy's installing the new monitor when it arrives.
Regards, Rob
Mac Pro 2x2.66GHz, 3 GB Ram, OS10.4.11 (not using 10.5), DP5.13, 2408mKIII, 2408mKII, 328 Digital Console (x2), FostexD2424, Micro Lite, QSR, SPX90, URS, PSP, Altiverb, Alphatrack, Shuttle
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

robstudio wrote:My sympathies six... bummer... I thought I was the only one with luck like that.
I guess not. The most annoying thing is I sent my 828 mk II to Black Lion for their audio thing - that took me down for two weeks. Monitor failed the day the 828 returned. Most disappointing. :-/

Ah well - it is holiday week - I'm going on a little vacation with the fam - with luck, monitor will get fixed while I'm gone.