MSI cant find its own instruments!!!

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

artworkz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MSI cant find its own instruments!!!

Post by artworkz »

What a farce...I've followed all the installation instructions yet the MSI still refuses to find the msi.dat file whatever I do...aliases, moving the file into the various plugin or app support folders etc....why they can't simply have a link to app command in the plugin itself is beyond me....still the point is can anyone help???? I'm currently trying with version 1.1.1, but have reinstalled three times now...the standalone won't find the sound source file either....(I've also ensured the permissions is ok)

I've just recently upgraded from DP2.7 on a G4 running os9.2.2, so I might be missing something...also rather unhappy to hear that the modern DP is crash prone...the old 2.7 was rock solid....only crashed on me twice in about three years of regular use!
2.0Gig Dual processor G5, 1.5gig memory, OS10.4.5, Yamaha 01X, DP 4.6.1, many plugin instruments that work great...and MSI that doesn't!
artworkz

Post by artworkz »

what a dodo! Seems that you need to double click on an instrument to load...oh well...sorry to waste your time!
2.0Gig Dual processor G5, 1.5gig memory, OS10.4.5, Yamaha 01X, DP 4.6.1, many plugin instruments that work great...and MSI that doesn't!
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

artworkz wrote:what a dodo! Seems that you need to double click on an instrument to load...oh well...sorry to waste your time!
Thanx for posting this.
You saved me time :D
I was just about to go through all kinds of delete/reinstall gymnastics.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
josephoboone
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Call me a Dodo too, just make it work!

Post by josephoboone »

Everytime I try to load an instrument, there are no instruments in the window and DP crashes.

Funny guys: I read the docs, trashed extra copies and put the dat with the bundle. But thanks for your informative hilarity. Hope your music is better than your humor.
monsieurescargot

Post by monsieurescargot »

put the MSI.dat file in library/application support/MOTU/MSI
this is if you are on mac.
OSX 10.13. 16gig ram. UFX, Traveler mk1, Pulse16mx, DP10 , Live9, Nord Stage2, Sh101tubbutec, PolyEvolver Rack,Slim Phatty, MIDI Express XT, RYTM, AnalogKeys,Digitone, EmaxSE rack, Daking Pre/Eq, Tanzbar, tr606, SP16, s612, Neutron, TT303, EPS16+, Parva, p600Gligli, Biscuit, mcf42, therapsid, modules, seqV4
emadsound

Post by emadsound »

the most funny thing that the great MOTU designers

tell you to copy the dat file to your hard disk first and install after

BUT this remark is in the pdf file that you will see it after install

is not that a GREAT THINKING ????????????

and as i made many instalations before for most plugs contain data or sample the normal way is by the installation you can choose where to put the sampels

i think MOTU needs installation lessons from other programing company