Summer EP WIP

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
jgriff
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Summer EP WIP

Post by jgriff »

Hey guys, thought I'd throw out this to everyone in the community. Its not a final mix yet, still needs mastering and some eq-ing/compressing but its sounding more like the final stage.

Anyways, its a electronic cover of "Georgy Porgy" by the band Toto. Its supposed to groove along like a Daft Punk tune. Lemme know what you think:

http://web.pdx.edu/~jgriff/Georgy%20Prodigy.mp3
Jim

Post by Jim »

Sounds a lot like some of the electronica groove music I've heard from FirstCom and other stock music libraries. If you wrote and owned the rights to music similar to this, you might be able to license it.
recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA
jgriff

Post by jgriff »

Yeah, didn't use anything from libraries except for drum samples. The playing, vocoding, and sequencing is all my original stuff.