MOTU not at Sounds EXPO 07

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
goldensteve
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MOTU not at Sounds EXPO 07

Post by goldensteve »

Hello Friends ...

Anyone else make it along to the Sounds Expo 07 yet? I went yesterday, and hey! No MusicTrack stand with the cool demos by Dave :-(

Seemed like a much smaller show for some reason (and I don't remember having to pay to get in before). Mind you, my memory isn't up to much.

Still, shame not to see MOTU there. Hope its not a bad sign.

One or two highlights though: especially the lady demoing Voiceworks on the TC Helicon stand, a real pro and the product looked great. Also, the guy demoing the Axon is pretty slick - seen it before but it stills surprises.

S
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: MOTU not at Sounds EXPO 07

Post by James Steele »

goldensteve wrote:Seemed like a much smaller show for some reason (and I don't remember having to pay to get in before). Mind you, my memory isn't up to much.

Still, shame not to see MOTU there. Hope its not a bad sign.
Bad sign for MOTU or a bad sign for the show? You said the show seemed "much smaller" for some reason. Seems like other vendors beside MOTU decided not to go as well. Bad sign for them also?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

Frankly, the Sounds Expo has become a shambles in the last couple of years.

It used to take place at the Wembley Conference centre, alongside the really great VideoForum show.

Since it moved to Olympia it has become smaller and more cramped. Demos are almost useless on account of the general noise level. Last year Magic Dave had to struggle to be heard.

I imagine MOTU don't have enough breakthrough products ready, so I am not surprised they weren't represented this year. It would have been a repeat of last year.

Add to that the £10 charge this year (£7.50 if you go online) , and I am not impressed. I only went to say hello to a couple of people and make a convenient purchase, but it wasn't really worth it.

kind regards

Stephen

Disappointed!!!!!
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Hey, fellas.

If SOS is anything to go by, pommy-land is Logic-land.
MOTU's biggest claim to fame over there seems to be its ownership of the back-cover of the mag.
Much like over here, er, down here, really.

One could argue that this warrants more effort at exposure, and that MOTU should make its presence felt at every opportunity.
I'd be down wit' dat. :wink:
C'mon, MOTU, go rock da house, no matter how small it is!

Oh, yeah, that costs money. :oops:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here