Of MySpace and Aluminum Foil Hats

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

jgest wrote:I was quite touched to have somebody in the caliber of Shooshie inject some sentiment into the topic.
Yes. The 'Meister does the word "calibre" justice.
I'm still on a high. :D
jgest wrote: Like the monk these are difficult time for me as the world I thought I knew and had built up around me suddenly mushroom clouded into nothingness (er fell apart), leaving me questioning the basic aspects of my being wondering what what my purpose on this planet is supposed to be.
You have friends who can relate to this at U'Nation, mate.
My heart truly sank (and I'm still feelin' it) when I heard you say, "4 years later, with 2 kids and pushing 40 I feel like I F*CKED my life." the other day.
These are words I've always avoided saying to myself (or to anyone, for that matter).
Sure, I may have felt like saying them almost every day the last 20 years, but where would it have led?
As you'd know, it's not the "what" in life, but the "how" that defines us and separates winners from losers.
In other words, we're defined by our reactions to, and not by the quality or quantity of the challenges that flow our way.
A thick-and-fast barrage of challenges only offers more opportunities to practice. :wink:

It helps to remember that you're never given more than you can handle, even though this seems absurd at times. :wink:
jgest wrote:I always thought if you follow your bliss..........I followed it and got quite lost, frankly I'm stuck high up in the mountains with out a gps (at least I am not wearing any cotton).
Just think, if you can gracefully accept and negotiate the situation, your kids will learn some of the subtleties of surviving "chasing the dream".
They won't need to be afraid, like so many, of pursuing their individuality.
At the same time, any insights, strength and relationships you form and develop will enhance your creativity and resolve to see things, including future projects, through.
jgest wrote:Yeah, thanks agian shoosh. :D
Amen. Can't thank the guy enough. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

monkey man wrote:Grace under fire.
Not losing one's dignity.
Maintaining one's integrity.
These things require patience, a dogged persistence, cajonas, and unshakeable foundations.

Ahh, you said it far better than I could, and far more succinctly! Very good.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Shooshie wrote:Ahh, you said it far better than I could...
Now that's generous.
Shooshie wrote:...and far more succinctly! Very good.
Shoosh
The man's delusional. :shock:

Thanks Shoosh; we all have our (in this case, rare) moments.
Perhaps my stint as a "Tim-wannabe" manifested a slight benefit after all. :lol:
You're way too kind, but if the effect is one of bolstering buoyancy, I'm all for remaining afloat. :wink:

Again, thank you.
Nicky

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here