Motu Ultralite Firmware upgrade issues.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
rustywarren
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Motu Ultralite Firmware upgrade issues.

Post by rustywarren »

I'm new to this forum but I'd appreciate feedback on the following;
I upgraded firmware to ver. 1.1 wherein my Ultralite would either work straight away with ver. 1.1 or say CPU not valid and ask for upgrade!!! I contacted Motu about a month ago, spoke to their tech who said he'd never heard of this problem and would email a reply (which never came).
I telephoned again a week ago, spoke to a different tech (nice guy) who suggested I either send it to them in US (i'm in London) or contact distributor (I bought mine new last year from France).
I've found out I'm not alone in problems after the upgrade and Motu have removed the upgrade off their site. I emailed techsupport twice but they couldn't be sent for some reason.
I telephoned Motu again today to ask about getting a copy of 'down grade' firmware which appears to have remedied the problem for some people by installing the previous version.
My beef is that the techsupport I spoke to asked the problem, took my serial number, then said he is not 'authorised' to send a down-grade, the fault would not be fixed by this and I need to return it to the distributors. I asked if the upgrade had a bug and was told AND I QUOTE "it would not fix the problem" and that they had "the same problem with some devices with version 1.0 only!!" I told them my version of 1.0 worked great until the upgrade. He then repeated he was not authorised to send software, clearly wouldn't send anything and intimated that the issue is at fault with the machine.

I'm disappointed Motu seems to be taking no responsibilty that their firmware upgrade is at fault, would send a registered owner a down-grade (even if they don't think it fix the problem, it can be any worse than it is now), so I'm wondering if anybody has a down grade copy? If not I'm gonna have to send my Ultralite off to France for who knows how long. Thanks for listening.[/b][/quote]
rustywarren
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Upgrade

Post by rustywarren »

Motu sent ver. 1.0. No joy with my particular issue. Unit to be sent to Motu France or USA.