Where does UnicorNation go???

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
KarlSutton
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by KarlSutton »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
James Steele wrote:Awesome friggin' movie...
I had hoped to talk about that flick, but he was busy talking to Susan about fixing the garage door when he got home for his Oscar Luncheon. Who would have thunk it?
Well they are people too, but I suppose you'd think they hire out for that sort of thing huh?
MPB 17" 2.66 i7/8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, DP 7.24, 828 mkII, Ethno 1 via Ultimate Soundbank, MX4, MSI, Komplete 9, Ivory, Stylus RMX.

for a time:MacPro6,1 3Ghz 8 core 32GB RAM
Ebaange
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Ebaange »

OK, just to be totally above board about it, I am NOT complaining. No. No.
Just curious. It *is* kind of random and it's always such a joy when it comes back. It's like finding money in your pockets. No change, real money.
Granted, I don't post a lot -I mean, jeez, I know a fraction of what you guys let drop in here- but I do love to read and learn. For that, I thank you.

And, yes, I do know this board is not officially affiliated with MOTU.
monkey man

Re: Where does UnicorNation go???

Post by monkey man »

Frodo wrote:Hmm. And all this time I thought James got hold of the One Ring and put it on... :?
The ol' one track Hobby-mind.
Dude, multitracking is in; we're working in stereo and beyond now. :shock:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Pplease see my other post about the bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn, NY. There is also one for sale in the Bronx, but it comes with a troll whom you do not want to deal with...
Nice, understated warning, but d'ya reckon we'll ever rid ourselves of said troll?
If we have or do, how do we heal the scars and painful memories?
We could pray for a new one every month and hope the damage inflicted somehow replaces previous troll-encounter scar tissue.
Sell the lot of 'em, I say.
The price of a state-of-the-art American Monster Bridge just took a dive...
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
dixiechicken wrote:Nahh James is completely innocent!
"EVERYBODY in here is innocent. Don't you know that?"
Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption.
That line stuck with me too.
Superlative movie, IMHO.
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
James Steele wrote:[..."Where should I send your refund?"
To me...
Ha! :lol:
Shooshie wrote:Like cool people, they are not always 100% predictable.Shooshie
Yay! Further proof Unicorns are cool. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

This is just infomation. I find that at about 5 am or so (west coast time it slows down), maybe just server maintenance, after all most normal people are in bed. It was off line the other day but I think this new server is more reliable than the last. My 2 cents.
Hay James could it be that some people are addicted to this site and if the do not get their fix they get the jones?
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.