Mac Pro Refurbs in stock at Apple Store

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
emulatorloo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Mac Pro Refurbs in stock at Apple Store

Post by emulatorloo »

Mac Pro Refurbs back in stock Friday Jan 5 at http://store.apple.com/

Click on the red "specials" tag on the lower right hand corner:

Refurbished Mac Pro Quad 2.0GHz Intel Xeon 1899.00
Refurbished Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon 2199.00
Refurbished Mac Pro Quad 3.0GHz Intel Xeon 3849.00

of course, MacWorld San Francisco Tues Jan 9th

Somebody told me this rule circa 1992:

"No matter what year it is, no matter how much prices come down, the computer you want is two-thousand dollars."

--
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I wish the computer I want was $2k!
I drove through Iowa; the miles upon miles of cornrows hypnotized me. They are so uniform that their passing is like a metronome; you can feel your speed by the tempo of cornrows. A cornrow metronome could be a new plug in. 8)
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

twistedtom wrote:I drove through Iowa; the miles upon miles of cornrows hypnotized me. They are so uniform that their passing is like a metronome; you can feel your speed by the tempo of cornrows. A cornrow metronome could be a new plug in. 8)
Kinda like a high corn version of the itunes visualizer!

Happily it is not all cornrows, or we would all end up hyponotized and in the ditch. There are some nice woods and hills too. It has always been my contention that if the weather wasn't so horrible, the state would be as popular as CA to live in.

However sometimes in the winter it is like living on the moon. And sometimes in the summer it is like living inside a toaster over.

--