Re-arranging objects in a kurzweil K2661 using Unisyn??

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re-arranging objects in a kurzweil K2661 using Unisyn??

Post by stubbsonic »

I had been batting around the idea of re-arranging the order of (and doing minor edits to) the ROM objects in the kurzweil K2661. I'd like to weed out the redundant and useless sounds, and reorder the sounds so they are more logically organized. (.... I know.... anal.)

My main question is would Unisyn be of any use in this process? Or would I need to do it all from the panel of the K2661.

I understand that in order to preserve the dependancies between objects, in the kurzweil, I would need to be careful to have keymaps loaded while I rearrange samples, and have programs loaded when I reaarange keymaps. And I must have setups, QA banks, and songs loaded when I rearrange programs. etc

If it turns out that this will be way too much brain-damage to make it worth doing, then I will just drop it. If Unisyn can make that work more "drag & drop" I might consider doing it.

I have unisyn but have not made much use of it yet. Any thoughts?
markwayne
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by markwayne »

Yes, you can move patches around with relative ease. I've used Galaxy for this since around 1990. The issue I've had with Unisyn under osX is that it seems to corrupt patches in my Kurzweil on a semi-regular basis. I'd just make sure that you have a really good backup of your current patches before you start.

Wayne
DP 5.13, Reason 5, Logic 9, Melodyne 3, Live 7, Cubase 4.5, OS 10.5.8 on main desktop, 10.6.3 on laptop. Old analog gear, synths and guitars and heat-belching transformers and tubes.