Logic and Ethno MIDI setup

Moderator: James Steele

mattdlogic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Logic and Ethno MIDI setup

Post by mattdlogic »

Forgive me - I am one of those people who came into the game when software instruments were the thing and so have no understanding of MIDI which people tell me is really simple so I feel even more stupid.

I know I can have multiple instances of ethno on different audio instrument tracks and maybe this is the way to work but I can also see I can have one instrument with different sounds assigned to different MIDI channels. When I go to a MIDI track and assign it to audio / audio instrument and set the MIDI channel it works but when I then do the same routing on the next MIDI channel and put it to 2, the one I had set to 1 becomes 2 aswell and all I see is multiple leds lighting up on the two MIDI tracks and audio instrument track and can't seem to change the sound although I have three loaded.

My set up is a keyboard, emagic MT4 MIDI interface and mbox audio interface on G5 2GHz 2.5GB RAM

I can work the other way but it is annoying not understanding this so if anyone can shed any light, I would appreciate it.

Matt