MAS or Audio Unit?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MAS or Audio Unit?

Post by corbo-billy »

Hello _

I installed MX4 under the two versions: MAS & Audio Unit.
Isn't this awkward at the time of startingwith D.P. ?
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
mikebeckmotu
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mikebeckmotu »

From what I've read, if you have both MAS and AU of a plugin, DP will ignore the AU and use MAS.
8-core i9 MacBookPro 16-inch, 16gb ram, Catalina, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, DP not installed yet
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by corbo-billy »

Aaah, therefore I can throw the part AU in the Trash but I felt that with the starting of D.P. the MX4 was hard to find, to load.
But perhaps and this of with this new version of >D.>P>>. 5.11?

I find that it spends more time to start _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
mikebeckmotu
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mikebeckmotu »

DP 5.11 loads much slower on my system than it used to. It does seem like the plugin stage is taking longer.
8-core i9 MacBookPro 16-inch, 16gb ram, Catalina, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, DP not installed yet