mtp av osx core MIDI

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
sunshrine
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

mtp av osx core MIDI

Post by sunshrine »

hello

does any one ever find their core MIDI setup has multiple mtp av's. i am currently showing six , in the MIDI device window. all my equipment is still connected to the first one and the setup seems to work as expected but it is definetly odd. Btw this has been happenning from the very beginning of owning my mtp and the problem moves with successive computers.

any suggestions about how to fix or why this maybe happenning?

thanks

osx 10.3.9 , 17" pb 1.5 ghz, 1.5g ram
sunshrine

Post by sunshrine »

bump
g5 quad 4 gigs, fireface, mtp av, 10.4.8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hmmm... bump... so you really want some sort of answer...

I don't have a good one because your symptoms is similar to those when your MTP AV needs a new battery. However, in that case you have to reconnect your MIDI devices to the newer MTP AV that appears in the Audio MIDI Setup. But it might be worth popping it open and removing the watch battery inside it and going to a Radio Shack and getting a new one and seeing if that helps. Still, because it happens "since owning your MTP" maybe that isn't it. Unless maybe you bought your MTP used and it was a few years old?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
chucks

Post by chucks »

This use to occur in my rig but has since disappeared somewhere along the way with the OS and driver updates (currently 10.4.8, USB MIDI 1.34). I think it used to be caused when the MTP AV lost communication momentarily - power MTV on/off while computer still running, bad USB cable, change USB connection live, maybe battery. Try the most recent drivers if you don't have them already.
sunshrine

Post by sunshrine »

ok the battery, i will give that a go. and a new usb cable.

my machine is new so my software is up to date.

thanks very much.
g5 quad 4 gigs, fireface, mtp av, 10.4.8