thinking of selling MX4

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

mitchwalcott

thinking of selling MX4

Post by mitchwalcott »

Hi guys,

I have not decided for sure, but I may sell my copy of MX4. Even though it will become a universal app soon, I just don't think I will continue using it like I did when I had a PowerPC Mac system.

I would prefer to sell it to one of you rather than posting it on eBay. I would be happy to send you photos of the software with the manual and the box.

I am thinking of switching over to Ethno and I need money to buy it. If one of you has Ethno and you don't like it, I would be willing to do a trade.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Mitch Walcott
mitchwalcott@yahoo.com
mitchwalcott

Post by mitchwalcott »

Hello again everyone,

I have been testing MX4 in DP 5.1 since it became a universal binary version back in September. It has been working quite well and I am not so sure if I want to sell it or not.

Are any of you interested in it at all, or do you know anyone who is? Essentially, I am trying to force myself to either use MX4 or this analog synth I have made by Vermona, the Per4mer. (I am having trouble making a decision.)

http://www.vermona.com/en/produkte/per4mer/per4mer.html

I thought I would ask one more time just in case one of you may be looking to buy a copy. My asking price is $175. I have all of the documentation, including the box, the manual, the addendum, the serial number, the iLok USB key, the installation CD, and even the sales receipt from Sweetwater Sound.

Thanks,

Mitch Walcott
mitchwalcott@yahoo.com
mikebeckmotu
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mikebeckmotu »

Do you happen to know if MOTU charges a license transfer fee?
8-core i9 MacBookPro 16-inch, 16gb ram, Catalina, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, DP not installed yet
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by corbo-billy »

Yes, it's possible: i have make it the transfer from france by Internet and they are OK _
It was also for an MX4!
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
mitchwalcott

Post by mitchwalcott »

Hi Mike,

I do not think that MOTU would charge anything because the iLok USB key is through another company. I just logged into the iLok web site and it has an option that says, "Move licenses to another iLok.com user."

So, I think everything would work out without a problem.

Thanks,

Mitch
mikebeckmotu

Post by mikebeckmotu »

Hmmm. I have to do a little figuring, financially, but I am interested. I tried the MX4 demo and was impressed.
I'll be in contact soon!
Thank you.
8-core i9 MacBookPro 16-inch, 16gb ram, Catalina, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, DP not installed yet
mitchwalcott

Post by mitchwalcott »

Sold to Mike on 11-9-06

Thank you all for looking.

Sincerely,

Mitch Walcott
mikebeckmotu

Post by mikebeckmotu »

Thanks to Mitch for an easy, friendly transfer.
This is a really cool synth, and I now I'm going to have to remember to sleep instead of goofing around with it all night...