Tutti Strings xtra Chords

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

excatcher
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Tutti Strings xtra Chords

Post by excatcher »

I find that I don't use MSI for serious projects, but I confess that I love the Tutti Strings xtra Chords. If anyone's interested, here's a breakdown of the luscious chords as you go up chromatically from C3 up to G4, and my apologies to all you schooled chord geeks if I'm a bit off on the exact chord names (I'm just a street guitarist):

C3=C (convenient)
C#3=Am7
D3=D7 (convenient)
D#3=Dbmaj7
E3=F6
F3= Dbm (or Bb 1/2dim)
F#3=F#7 (convenient)
G3=Bb7
G#3=Cm
A3=Ab7
A#3=Gbm6 (my fave••”moves nicely to A3, resolving on B3)
B3=Dbm
C4=Aadd9
C#4=G7
D4=Fadd9
D#4=Bm
E4=Em (convenient)
F4=Gm
F#4=Eb
G4=Abdim

-Elliott
Shooshie

Re: Tutti Strings xtra Chords

Post by Shooshie »

Thanks, Elliott. I wish there were a chart or something. There are many instruments that have "prepared sounds" under the keys. Check the harps, for instance. It takes some messing around to find something useful.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
kevinmathie

Re: Tutti Strings xtra Chords

Post by kevinmathie »

Very cool excatcher! Thanks! That's very helpful.
halcyo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by halcyo »

nice. You know, this is one of the few patches that I think sounds ridiculously good. Why didn't they do 88 of these chords and use every damn key on the keyboard? It sucks that there aren't all the major and minor basic chords, and the organization is just weird.

The first octave on the keyboard should have been basic major chords, the second, minor chords, and then every octave on up should have been variations/augmented/diminished like they have already.

MOTU.....SAVE YOUR PRODUCT! GIVE US SOME MORE TO WORK WITH HERE!