Motu 324 old Drivers

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
soundtrack2life
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Motu 324 old Drivers

Post by soundtrack2life »

When I install the latest drivers I get digital noise on the SPDIF input of the (original) 2408. However when I install an older driver it works great EXCEPT I get a BSD when I shutdown the computer. Is there and archive for old 324 drivers that I can try different ones. My hunch this is driver realted. I am running XP on a PC.
Joe
Jidis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Jidis »

Joe,

I have no definite answer, but on the shutdown thing, I've had an occasional issue with certain PCI cards and last stage shutdown crashes, which were resolved just by moving cards around (sharing conflicts I'd suspect). May be a different shutdown freeze which is fixed by that though. I've seen the ones where it shuts almost all the way down, and then hangs instead of powering down the computer, then I've also seen the ones with a full error message (like that "IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL" crap). If you haven't done so, it might be worth a try anyway I guess.

Take Care
soundtrack2life
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by soundtrack2life »

I searched to fourm and found a DL to the "march drivers" that didnt fix it. But I found another post that offered a solution. Before powering down turn off the 2408 . . . . . That does it!! My computer is in a rack mount and it would be a major effort to unrack it and start swaping card positions. Also the only thing I use the 2408's (I have two) for is as a spdif to ADAT converters for my tascam DA-30 & CC-222 MkII. It use to be my primary and my first more than stereo audio card but has been long replaced with the RME Hammerfall and then the FF800. I never realized how ahead of its time this unit was. Its like a swiss army knife and patch bay / router of digital audio. I'll never get rid of thes things!!
Joe
Jidis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Jidis »

Glad you worked it out. :D

I know the deal on the ATX rackmounts. Got my secondary PC in a 4U here, and it's like trying to slide a refrigerator out of the rack, while a spaghetti of "cable mess" chains it in from the back. I usually resort to removing the unit above it, dragging it out as far as I can with it still connected, and pulling the top off, leaving about a third of the computer still sitting on whatever's below it.

I've thought about grabbing an older 2408 for an ADAT converter as well. Don't see as much of that old stuff turning up mental or dead in here either. :wink:

George