MX4...come on??!!

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

Joseph Hanna
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MX4...come on??!!

Post by Joseph Hanna »

This has always been a GREAT sounding but stupidly temperamental plug in.

Having moved my residence a month or so ago I haven't had time to setup my home studio until the last several days.

Last night I did some upgrades, MX4 being one of them.

Today I fired up Pro Tools to get some q's done and since I loaded the update of MX4 last evening I decided to look that direction for some inspiration.

I put MX4 on an aux track in Pro Tools and selected pads. I selected a pad (don't remember which one) and a noise I have not encountered in 35 years of recording RIPPED through the studio. Levels were not set high but it shredded (and I mean shredded) my 1031's (both tweet's and both primaries) as well as ALL headphones pluged into the system are ribboned on the floor.

I'm having a martini now to calm my nerves.

Simply put...this is unacceptable
RhythmRmixd
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by RhythmRmixd »

Joseph,

I don't think this is the same problem your experiencing, but I too recently installed the MX4 2.1 update, and after using it for the first time after the update last night I had problems as well.

My problem was whenever I changed a patch on the drop down menu at the top of the plug-in window, my audio performance meter in DP 4.61 would jump into red, and immediately come back down. But everytime I changed a patch, or used the + and - buttons next to the patch menu to change patches, audio performance meter clipped red for a moment. Playback was stopped while I changed patches (not sure if that matters or not).

I'm thinking I may uninstall the update, this has never happened before with version 2.0. It makes me nervous seeing behavior like this when doing normal tasks like changing patches.
mon
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mon »

I smoked my Events about four months ago just turning my system on; but I didn't have MX-4 yet. I did have then DP4.61, Mach5 and an 828...sorry.