Touch Console?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Touch Console?

Post by bayswater »

Is this the DP Control replacements we've been pining for?

"At NAMM, Dave will give in-depth demonstrations of the exciting new Touch Console™ mixing software for tablets and smartphones."
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
HCMarkus

Re: Touch Console?

Post by HCMarkus »

bayswater wrote:Is this the DP Control replacements we've been pining for?

"At NAMM, Dave will give in-depth demonstrations of the exciting new Touch Console™ mixing software for tablets and smartphones."
I have the first Public Beta, which controls the hardware mixer in the AVB interface line. Although it could be for DP, too, the Beta is for the AVB mixer only. I need to get the latest Beta, which was released just a couple of days ago.

Although still a work in progress, Touch Console will be a nice addition to the AVB interfaces, providing studio clients with a better personal cue mix interface on their phones and tablets and live mix/monitor engineers with a very portable mix controller.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

HCMarkus wrote: I have the first Public Beta
How does one get to be a MOTU Beta tester? Do you need NDAs?
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

cuttime wrote:
HCMarkus wrote: I have the first Public Beta
How does one get to be a MOTU Beta tester? Do you need NDAs?
Based solely on HC's post, it would seem not. :wink:
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

http://motu.com/download/proaudio/index ... ch-console

I just installed the latest version; it includes significant added functionality, but still works only with MOTU AVB interfaces.

EDIT: I can see MOTU adapting the app to DP. It would be very nice to have touch faders and, with the coding they've already done, such control might not be too far a reach...
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
pdbrooks
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by pdbrooks »

I loaded the touch console beta - ran across it on the MOTU site. It is very promising. Before it came out, I purchased a 27" ACER multi-touch display under windows 10 with the hope of using it to run the AVB firmware mixer. It was possible to make changes, move faders, change routing, etc. using the touchscreen with only Windows support (mouse substitute, I guess) but it was too frustrating to be useful. Touch console changes this, it becomes almost practical to use only the touch interface (almost; this is still a beta with some rough edges, keep your mouse handy). My goal is to be able to do FOH/live sound at a gig with the AVB firmware mixer as a substitute for a large, heavy mixer that I don't want to haul around. One note on using a touch screen in a multi-monitor setup: Windows 10 seems to want the touch screen to be the "primary" monitor. I have twin Dell 30" monitors, and when I make one of those the primary Windows screen, touch does not work. Took some trial and error to figure that one out.
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Tomas E »

How do I use it with Android and Chrome?
Last edited by Tomas E on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

cuttime wrote: How does one get to be a MOTU Beta tester?
Not by asking. I've offered a couple of times but no response.

Not by referral. Two beta testers have suggested they use me but again, no response, software f{c% 'em. It's their loss, not mine. Fact is, I usually find "discrepancies" in new versions in a matter of minutes and don't always post them here, just kick back to the earlier version, which is why I'm still on 9.25... just sayin' :deadhorse: :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS