Just Getting Back To DP!

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Pappy725
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Just Getting Back To DP!

Post by Pappy725 »

Wow! First time back in a long time, it sure is good to see familiar names and avatars still here! Anyway, I've spent the last 4 years selling a house, moving into another one, (while remodeling) and retired from the Postal Service. I also left a musical business arrangement after almost 40 years. When the hell did all that happen?

Now I'm getting back to DP, was doing sound with a Presonus 24.4.2 and have been trying to record with that but Studio 1 or whatever number it's up to didn't work as easily as DP and messing with the the playback through the board got crazy. I simplified and brought out the trusty MOTUs! It took me most of the day to get the hardware playing nice with my new to me MBP, but this just feels a lot better and just... right.

Thanks again to James Steele for keeping this board alive!
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Just Getting Back To DP!

Post by James Steele »

Pappy725 wrote:Thanks again to James Steele for keeping this board alive!
Glad to have you back!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Aloha Pappy! The tools keep improving! :dance:
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Julia123 »

Hello! Yes, DP is oh so nice to come back to after being away for whatever reasons take us away ---
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.