Just Venting

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Just Venting

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Between the ages of about 6 and 18, I broke (chips and stress fractures) every one of my fingers at different times. Once I was playing hooky from school (about 8 years old) and was building a skateboard. The hammer hit my thumb and broke it. I went to school later in the day with the splint and a good excuse for being late... LOL Story of my life, really.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Between the ages of about 6 and 18, I broke (chips and stress fractures) every one of my fingers at different times. Once I was playing hooky from school (about 8 years old) and was building a skateboard. The hammer hit my thumb and broke it. I went to school later in the day with the splint and a good excuse for being late... LOL Story of my life, really.
Did you ask the doc if you'll be able to play the piano when it all heals up?
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

It reminds me of when I watch the golf channel and thought I could golf.
I guess the same sort of thing can happen if you watch the Food channel.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

wylie1 wrote:It reminds me of when I watch the golf channel and thought I could golf.
I guess the same sort of thing can happen if you watch the Food channel.
:lol:

Perhaps you should stay away from the Karate Channel, Wylie. Could be catastrophic.

Of course, not watching the Titanic Channel is a no-brainer. (Unless you are trying to sync audio to your latest sound for picture gig.)

This has the potential to be a long-running thread.
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Karate Channel? my head is still spinning from that one.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
MIDI Life Crisis

cuttime wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Between the ages of about 6 and 18, I broke (chips and stress fractures) every one of my fingers at different times. Once I was playing hooky from school (about 8 years old) and was building a skateboard. The hammer hit my thumb and broke it. I went to school later in the day with the splint and a good excuse for being late... LOL Story of my life, really.
Did you ask the doc if you'll be able to play the piano when it all heals up?
I was playing drums most of the time until I was about 17. Well, pots and pans during the time of the event in question. And, man, I have kitchen and stupid kid to the ER stories up the wazoo. Butt no, I NEVER put anything butt stones... I mean stories!!! up the old wazoo. Lol.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Phil O wrote: Playing tomorrow night is REALLY going to suck.
Hope the gig went OK Phil. All better now?
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Yeah, it's healing up well. The young resident at the hospital did a pretty good job stitching me up. I don't think there will be much scarring. I was worried that his inexperience would leave me with a nasty looking scar, but it actually looks pretty good. That first night playing drums did suck, however. :(

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Phil O wrote:Yeah, it's healing up well. The young resident at the hospital did a pretty good job stitching me up. I don't think there will be much scarring. I was worried that his inexperience would leave me with a nasty looking scar, but it actually looks pretty good. That first night playing drums did suck, however. :(

Phil
Scar Scare Skiddaddles... film at 11.

Glad things are looking good Phil.
MIDI Life Crisis

Scars are just tattoos from each experience. ~mm
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Scars are just tattoos from each experience. ~mm
Are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced?

- J Hendrix
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Phil O wrote:That first night playing drums did suck, however.

Did you ever get blood streaming down your sticks? I've only ever seen that in the movie, Whiplash, but ever since then I've wondered if that actually happens. I played in bands with drummers for years and never saw it. I mean, if you're gonna bleed all over it anyway, might as well do a cover of "Wild Thing" or something, you know?
:headbang:
Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

HCMarkus wrote:
Are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced?

- J Hendrix
I'm experienced in 32 flavors. You? :koolaid:

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Shooshie wrote:

Did you ever get blood streaming down your sticks? I mean, if you're gonna bleed all over it anyway, might as well do a cover of "Wild Thing" or something, you know?
Shoosh
I've bled moderately profusely on the keys, 'specially when the gig called for lot of organ smears and I left the unweighted keyboard at home. Oops.

PS: SO many flavors, so little time.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Shooshie wrote:

Did you ever get blood streaming down your sticks? I've only ever seen that in the movie, Whiplash, but ever since then I've wondered if that actually happens. I played in bands with drummers for years and never saw it. I mean, if you're gonna bleed all over it anyway, might as well do a cover of "Wild Thing" or something, you know?
Shoosh
Shoosh, time to switch to decaf, dude, or watch movies like "The Little Mermaid."
Blood streaming down my sticks - you're gonna give me nightmares. :lol:
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.