T-RackS 5 will add Album Assembly / Mastering Mode features

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

T-RackS 5 will add Album Assembly / Mastering Mode features

Post by mhschmieder »

IK Multimedia sent out an alert of the upcoming T-RackS 5 upgrade, which includes some enticing new modules and features as well as a new workflow and layout.

Most importantly perhaps, and at the bottom of their blurb (I almost missed it), they are adding true mastering features for the first time.

So this might end up becoming a useful platform for mastering, in place of apps that have become a problem for many of us (e.g. won't launch).

The new version will go up to 192 kHz and 32-bit floating-point, and offers 4 dithering options.

"In T-RackS 5 you now can sequence, assemble and export your full-length production directly within the interface embedding suitable track metadata, like pauses, fades, track ID’s, ISRC codes, CD-Text, etc."

I'm too tired to check my "final price" after Jam Points and loyalty and the like, but the advertised base price for the upgrade is $99. I didn't notice a specific release date or expected timeframe.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mhschmieder

Re: T-RackS 5 will add Album Assembly / Mastering Mode featu

Post by mhschmieder »

I was going to do the upgrade tonight, until visiting the pre-release web site and getting unbelievably confused by the options (or lack thereof):

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr ... o#versions

A while back, I "upgraded" to Deluxe, even though I already owned everything, and then MAX came out but couldn't be side-graded from Deluxe -- even though I own everything in the suite.

Only MAX is labeled an "upgrade", and at the same price ($199) as Deluxe, with Standard being $99 (normally $149).

Are these the update prices or the "new buyer" prices? It's extremely unclear!

I don't have a clue what I should do, but am ready to go (and have JamPoints) if anyone else figures it out.

I did see that the Custom Shop can't be used this time. I think that was true of several recent releases. Probably I shouldn't have collected/bought so many unused credits there.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Super-weird: I went to upgrade Ampeg SVX 2, and I had a gazillion JamPoints -- maybe they gifted loyal customers with extra ones, to help cover the upgrade costs on T-RackS 5?

Custom Shop is useless anymore; too many errors. Categorization is incorrect in many cases, it doesn't show what all is available, and has incorrect information about what you've purchased -- even if looking at all possible bundle configurations.

That's been true for a while, but it's gotten worse recently. I can't trust Custom Shop anymore as a source of verifying which IK products I don't yet own.

mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

IK Multimedia have combined all of the questions that came up, and made an FAQ's page:

http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vie ... 13&t=14225

Although this page went live about a day ago, it only got linked to the GS New products discussion a few hours ago.

I am probably too tired to take it all in at the moment, but am confident it answers all questions and that all customers are addressed by the FAQ's in terms of which "version" to buy as the upgrade.

mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

So, just to be clear, you only need to buy the T-RackS 5 at the pre-purchase price of $99 for all of your related products to get the new GUI's and to be hostable in the new audio-upgraded shell.

This is in line with how AmpliTube 4 was rolled out, as it then became much easier to access previous purchases (such as Fender Collection) as those previously required separate installations and authorizations etc. with each update.

The main point is that it does not constitute a downgrade, if you have everything in MAX, to buy TR5 vs TR5 DLX or TR5 MAX. There is no upgrade price; simply the pre-purchase price. The other options are more useful for first-time buyers or those upgrading which version of the suite itself.

If only iZotope had been clearer about this with their own suites, but several of us got tricked into wasting money on redundant licenses that didn't do any good at all when the next versions rolled out.

IK Multimedia
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by IK Multimedia »

Thank you for posting this. Note that I have posted an ad hoc FAQ to help alleviate confusion on some of the more common points/questions: http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vie ... 13&t=14225
IK Multimedia
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by IK Multimedia »

We've now started the T-RackS 5 Countdown to the official release date.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

I'm still confused. I don't see where to purchase the T-Racks5 at the upgrade price of $99 pre-order.

I already own T-rackS Deluxe.

I'm concerned that I will end up with the same issue I had with upgr4ading to Ampeg SVX2 as an owner of Ampeg SVX. I never did get the page with the $49 upgrade for existing SVX owners.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Shoot, it's too long ago now for me to remember either. IK is generally helpful if you ask though.

I haven't had a chance to try this new feature yet. I've mostly been composing, finalizing arrangements, re-tracking, and LOT of gigging plus way too much overtime at my day job.

I haven't really done "serious" mixing or mastering this year (just quick jobs for rough demos), and yet I just upped my Slate subscription this weekend after not using any of their products even once all calendar year due to having a different focus for this rather traumatic year.

So far, there hasn't been much talk in the music press or on forums or blogs, about Album Assembly Mode, and I wonder if maybe not that many people even noticed this big new feature?