Hurricane Harvey

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Hurricane Harvey

Post by buzzsmith »

I know that every region of the country has issues, but this was a real biggie for Southeast Texas.

We're fine, but they're thinking at least a year for full recovery. Trillions of gallons of water over a 4-5 day period!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 624619001/

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

cuttime

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Post by cuttime »

I am glad you are okay. I was just thinking about posting a request to get Buzzy to chime in and you beat me to it. I remember you've had flooding problems in the past, so please stay dry.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I've been waiting for the official word from you Buzzy. I've seesn a few things on your FB page, so I knew you were still mostly dry, and I hope you didn't lose any equipment or functionality in all this. But I know that would be the least concern for most people who were hit with it. I'll bet you know people who have lost their studios.

Worst rainfall in recorded history. I believe they said that is true for anywhere in the world. Maybe there was one other on the coast of Hawaii in the 1950s or something. In any case, it didn't do this kind of damage. But I don't want to quote statistics or records set or anything else. The only thing that matters now is getting Houston's folks and commerce back on the track again.

Words won't ever describe...

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Poor Buzzy; he always seems to be in the firing line when it coms to water cannons from the heavens.

Glad your carpet and floor-positioned gear isn't drenched again, mate.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Thanks, all.

We were fortunate in our area. We're not near any major bayous and it looked like we were in between those massive rain bands most of the time.

And we had a new drainage system installed (yes, the forecast encouraged the installation on the Thursday and Friday prior to the hurricane's landfall) which seemed to help get the water flowing better from the back to the front and not allowing any ponding which seeps into the studio and bedroom.

We did use 2 wet-vacs very early Saturday morning and removed about 30 or so gallons.

On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being folks who had 4 or 5 feet of water in their homes, we're a 1.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Good news Buzzy! Glad you have avoided the worst of it.