Time of Day metadata

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Time of Day metadata

Post by bayswater »

I have a recording going that will take several days. When it is done, I'll be isolating short pieces of it, and saving them as independent audio files, and would like to be capture the time and date of each of these final clips was recorded.

In a test run, I recorded about 5 hours creating one hours takes using cycle record. I got 5 soundbites, one for each take. The time and date information is the same for each take, and shows the time the recording stopped. So it seems to be related more to the time of the file creation than the time the recording happened.

So, I could set up a spreadsheet and calculate the time of each final exported audio file was recorded using the timeline in DP to read the offset from the file creation time and date.

But maybe there is an easier way. Is anyone aware of a method that would add record time and date metadata to an soundbite (i.e., region) in an audio file that is preserved when the region is exported or otherwise processed? Or even to the file name on export? Is there a way to do it in DP that I'm overlooking?

I know DP can add a user time stamp, but I could be dealing with hundreds if not thousands of exports.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8