Need help recording vocal in New Jersey

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
wp3
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Need help recording vocal in New Jersey

Post by wp3 »

I’m a long time subscriber to the motu-mac list and visitor to motunation, but haven’t posted for quite a while.

I’m in a spot and need some help, hopefully from a list member/motunation member in the Southern New Jersey area,if possible.

An old military buddy of mine wrote a song many years ago for his own wedding and now his daughter would like the song - with her Dad singing - played at her wedding. He wants to record it because he said he probably wouldn’t be able to get through it, singing it live. So, I produced a track for him and he was scheduled to make the trip out to my place and record - kind of a get-together after these many years as well as a way to finish the song for his daughter.

Unfortunately, a time vs money glitch has made the trip unworkable in this window of time before the wedding and we’re kind of stuck.

So, what I’d like to find is someone close to Brick, NJ who can record his vocal and email/dropbox the file to me so I can put together a final for the wedding, which is early in June. He lives in Brick, but is willing to drive to any reasonable surrounding location to get this done - Asbury Park on up to Newark over to Trenton or down to Atlantic City.

I’d guess this might take an hour or so of time and expect to pay something reasonable for the service. I just want to make sure that we get a decent take for my old friend and that he doesn’t get ripped. I’m thinking that most everyone on this list seems to be a pretty decent person and a professional, as well. I just really want to make the guy feel comfortable (he’s not a professional singer, but he can do a decent job) and get a good take for a pretty reasonable cost for him.

Please reply directly to me at my email addy for more details: willp17@sio.midco.net

Thanks for your help,

Will Prines
(willp17@sio.midco.net)