Spectrasonics VIs No Longer "Remember" Loaded Patches

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Spectrasonics VIs No Longer "Remember" Loaded Patches

Post by buzzsmith »

(This is a copy of an email I sent today to Spectrasonics.)

I know that this is not particularly a Spectrasonics issue but I thought that you might have some insight.

2009 MacPro - OS X 10.8.5 - DP 9.01

Up until recently, when working on a project, I could load in several patches into Stylus and later (upon reopening) everything would be as I left it. In other words, if I had a shaker on 1, tambourine on 2 and a groove on 3 they all would show up correctly loaded even days later.

Now, with both Trilian and Stylus RMX (and probably Omnisphere-I just don't use that as much) when I recall a file the instruments are empty…a completely unloaded VI.

Obviously, if I save as a preset that helps but in the flow of things (and being used to this not being an issue) I sometimes forget!

And even when saved as a preset, the VI is sometimes empty. Reloading the preset seems to restore the patches.

The only things that I've changed in the past 2 months (which may be way important) are:

• I flashed the firmware from 4,1 to 5, 1

• Replaced the old Quad Core with a 3.33 Ghz 6 core CPU

• Went from 8 gigs of RAM to 32.

I can't say for sure that that's when this started happening but it certainly seems to be in the general time period.

Thanks!

Anyone want to offer any suggestions or experiences?

I'm now saving presets as a matter of course.

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

dix

Re: Spectrasonics VIs No Longer "Remember" Loaded Patches

Post by dix »

Sounds like the same issue I had here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60328&hilit=+omnisphere&start=15

You'll need to call Spectrasonics. I don't remember what they had me do.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
buzzsmith

Re: Spectrasonics VIs No Longer "Remember" Loaded Patches

Post by buzzsmith »

dix wrote:Sounds like the same issue I had here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60328&hilit=+omnisphere&start=15

You'll need to call Spectrasonics. I don't remember what they had me do.
Thanks. Email sent.

I'll probably call Monday, too.

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)