East/West collaborates with Fishman for guitar-triggered VI

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

East/West collaborates with Fishman for guitar-triggered VI

Post by mhschmieder »

http://theaudiospotlight.com/eastwest-f ... potential/

I saw this announcement this morning, but am only just now getting off a long day of work and am too tired to read it in depth.

I skimmed it but am not quite clear on what it's about, but my guess is that East/West will be developing sample libraries that react well to guitar-based MIDI vs. keyboard-based MIDI, and apparently Fishman makes a guitar-to-MIDI converter.

When I'm less tired, I'll look into it more. My guess is it's an audio-to-MIDI converter vs. Roland-style hex pickup-based MIDI.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
Steve Steele
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: East/West collaborates with Fishman for guitar-triggered

Post by Steve Steele »

I have a Fishman Tripleplay system and generally have no troubles with Kontakt libraries and other synths. Granted I've been playing a long time and have excellent touch with my fretting hand but I was able to play libraries without trouble from day one.

I can think of a couple of ways that libraries could be reorganized for the guitar. And maybe the engine could be better suited for hex pickups. But, otherwise the fishman pickup tracks well for me.

I'll have to look at the EW website. Thanks for head's up.

Steve

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE