NAMM 2017 DPX?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NAMM 2017 DPX?

Post by James Steele »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:So many armchair experts... :lol:
Until MOTU reps start speaking out here, that's basically what this forum is designed to facilitate though isn't it?
Is it? I didn't think speculation was the purpose of the forum, but what do I know. I'm only a moderator...
This is the off-topic, "theoretical discussions" forum so speculation is pretty much a big part of that, but what do I know. I'm only the site admin and owner... :wink:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
frankf

Post by frankf »

I wasn't going to read this thread, but glad I did for your last posts MLC and James. Nice to start the day with a chuckle. While I'm at it thanks for another year of work keeping Motunation a valuable, useful, informative and sometimes funny forum. Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

James Steele wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
Is it? I didn't think speculation was the purpose of the forum, but what do I know. I'm only a moderator...
This is the off-topic, "theoretical discussions" forum so speculation is pretty much a big part of that, but what do I know. I'm only the site admin and owner... :wink:
OUCH!
You walked into that MLC! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey speculation is always armchair expert time.
I get being annoyed by it, but it's always fun to see how wrong you were!
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Sometimes harmless speculation on the internet can turn into harmful misinformation. But it's hard to see how that applies to wondering if a new version of DP is coming.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I think of MOTUnation as the "forum." So it's a matter of semantics, but by all means, pile on if that makes y'all feel good.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Mmmmmm. So good. So nice.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

OK back to shameless armchair speculation (hey I'm underemployed this month OK?)....

My guess is whenever it comes out the new DP9 feature of spectrogram view will be expanded to include at least some basic spectral editing features Izotope style.

We might see a new elastic audio algorithm, considering that the mono pitch algorithm is pretty dammed good I would expect that to eventually extend to time. Melodyne ARA implementation I suppose is possible.

Those are the big ones, beyond that it's possible that parsed audio snips in the Tracks Overview becomes more object oriented. That's always been where I've seen object oriented editing of MIDI to be the most useful. Obviously the Sequence Editor is where audio is most easily edited object oriented wise, but MIDI editing as objects/phrases is best done in the Tracks Overview, and only implementing it there would retain everyones current workflow.

Anyway, I hope that a bug fix update at the very least is dropped at NAMM. :)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I think of MOTUnation as the "forum." So it's a matter of semantics, but by all means, pile on if that makes y'all feel good.
You know I love ya brother! I was just kidding around. But really, the "Theoretical Discussions" catch-all was sort of meant to include talk and speculation as to what MOTU might be planning, what we as users think about their direction/strategy, etc. So in this particular OT section that sort of thing is okay. And yeah... the terminology is confusing as far as forum/topic/thread, etc. phpBB, which is the board software this board uses has their own terminology and they refer to each category within the board as separate forum, as far as I recall.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I believe this would be a Georgian Wingback in my estimation:
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

We call it the aging auntie chair.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8