The iLok server is back up -- new authorizations working

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

The iLok server is back up -- new authorizations working

Post by mhschmieder »

I just tried to register a newly-purchased product so I could use it in sessions today before I have to head back to the office post-holiday tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the iLok server is down, and the message says there is no estimate as to when it will be back up.

Be forewarned, if you are depending on any iLok products for production work today.
Last edited by mhschmieder on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: The iLok server is down, with no estimate for when avail

Post by James Steele »

mhschmieder wrote:Be forewarned, if you are depending on any iLok products for production work today.
I'm assuming this doesn't affect those of us who already have licenses installed on our iLok? This does affect those who need to install licenses.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mhschmieder

Re: The iLok server is down, with no estimate for when avail

Post by mhschmieder »

I'll know shortly, when I launch my next DP session. You're probably right though, as I think they encode keys on the computer itself, or in the iLok, that are accessed after initial authorization.

That is NOT how eLicenser works, as far as I can tell -- it is always WAY slower than iLok, and though this is no longer frequent on my computer, eLicenser is still way more prone to "disconnect" and not allow usage of its licenses. I think probably it is more specific in its USB power ratings.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
mhschmieder

Re: The iLok server is back up -- new authorizations working

Post by mhschmieder »

Well, I guess I'll have to wait 'til next time to find out the answer to the question of whether the iLok server must be up the first time you use a just-authorized new product. :-)

Not sure how long their server was down, but I had tried several times this morning. It's back up now and I was able to authorize the new Xils-Lab PolyKB III.