Resource for history of Komplete and "missing products" list

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Resource for history of Komplete and "missing products" list

Post by mhschmieder »

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2014/0 ... e-all.html

Incredible resource that answers a lot of mysteries and questions about what happened to older Native Instruments products, which ones were dumped, and how some of them morphed into newer products or got cannibalized and sprinkled into many different bins.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
philbrown

Re: Resource for history of Komplete and "missing products"

Post by philbrown »

mhschmieder wrote:http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2014/0 ... e-all.html

Incredible resource that answers a lot of mysteries and questions about what happened to older Native Instruments products, which ones were dumped, and how some of them morphed into newer products or got cannibalized and sprinkled into many different bins.
I was really pissed off around V4 and 5 when they dropped Pro-53, Vokator, Spektral Delay and especially B-4. I skipped several versions after that up to v7 or 8 IIRC. According to this article I guess they just couldn't be bothered to update them.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I think it was the 64-bit transition that caused them to abandon some of them.

I have that article as an active tab on my home browser, as I may have reason at some point to see if I can find a way to resurrect some of the older stuff via 32 Lives, if I can find installers anymore for the old stuff.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Looking at this list, and thinking about the fact that the two controllers I've owned by them, Kore and Rig Kontrol 3 are now not officially supported.... blagh on the huge monolithically thinking company that cuts things that are useful model. Rig Kontrol 3 has been my goto guitar setup for years, I'm fine with an all digital kit, and now I've got a limited lifespan with this setup, once again, and once again with NI being the culprit. Maybe it's time to switch to Amplitube, but IK also discontinued their pedal board... :roll:

I can still use the Rig Kontrol as a MIDI board, but that functionality is dependent on NI Conntoller Editor which has discontinued supporting Rig Kontrol, so in some OSX update it will be useless.

Should have stuck with the FCB1010, by far the best thing Bheringer ever made IMO.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

I got the latest 11 ultimate, but I dont think it has “everything”. For example, the newer orchestra bundles are not the full versions right?
Thought that kind of sucked.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Oh, but they explained why. I don't remember, but something to do with the developer's wishes and/or contract and/or fees. I don't even remember if it's 8DIO or Soundiron, and they're both local as they used to be one company (Tonehammer) before a falling-out. That left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I have a strong performance for one of them over the other, attitude-wise and in terms of actual product. It would be impolite to say which though. :-) I don't want to feed their feud.