Waves Electric 200 - My New Favoirte Wurly

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Waves Electric 200 - My New Favoirte Wurly

Post by Babz »

http://www.waves.com/plugins/electric-2 ... -200-piano

I just picked this up for the unbelievable Cyber Monday price of $9!

I hate Waves and try to avoid their products, but $9 was too tempting.

I've only been playing it for a few minutes, but it is already my new favorite Wurlitzer. (And I own quite a few.) This is just based on first impression, but it's got that immediate "It" factor.

Seems highly adjustable too.

Hope you unicorns found some nice Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals this year!

Best,
Babz
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Waves Electric 200 - My New Favoirte Wurly

Post by Gravity Jim »

Does it run okay inside DP? I was knocked out by their earlier Rhodes VI, but it wouldn't work properly inside DP and Waves gave me a refund.

I've heard great things about this, but I'm gunshy.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Babz

Post by Babz »

Yes. Seems perfectly fine, just like any other instrument. But I have only used it for a couple of hours, few times so far.

What was wrong with the Rhodes plugin?

What should I watch out for?

Babz
Sean Kenny

Post by Sean Kenny »

Gravity Jim wrote:Does it run okay inside DP? I was knocked out by their earlier Rhodes VI, but it wouldn't work properly inside DP and Waves gave me a refund.

I've heard great things about this, but I'm gunshy.
I'm no keyboard aficionado but I have both those plugs and they both sound great to me.

Both work fine in my set up but I did go back to 9.02 version I just found it to be more stable, if that helps any?

Cheers

Sean
Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC - OS X 10.12.4 - DP 9.13 - RME HDSPe Madi card - iz ADA converters 24 i/o - Antelope Orion 32 i/o - Audient desk - Miller & Kreisel Monitors - Wunder Mic Pre's x 8 - very understanding wife!
http://www.ten21recordingstudios.co.uk/
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Babz wrote:Yes. Seems perfectly fine, just like any other instrument. But I have only used it for a couple of hours, few times so far.

What was wrong with the Rhodes plugin?

What should I watch out for?

Babz
If there was a problem, you'd know right away. Weird graphics loads, no audio output, etc.

So this one must be okay, or have I have something in my system that conflicted with it, which is doubtful.

I'm not buying the idea that 9.02 is "more stable" than 9.12. I have had no stability problems with any version of DP9 under OSX. When I asked Waves for a refund, they said that the instrument hadn't been tested with DP and they gladly refunded my money, so I think they know it doesn't always work.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Both Electric 88 (the Rhodes) and now Electric 200 run fine for me under 9.02. Lots of fun to play and the EPs also play nicely with other instruments in the mix, very expressive!

I did have an issue with having to manually reload Electric 88 when booting an existing project it was in (it would load, but no sound). I just installed a Waves update but haven't checked whether that cleared things up or not. But otherwise everything has worked OK.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Just thought that I'd report on using the Rhodes (Electric 88) on an older system.

The specs at the Waves website show:
Operating System
10.9.5 - 10.12.1

But, so far, it's running fine on my 10.8.5 with DP 9.01.

Kinda scary when I had to use their "new" Waves Central authorization app as you have to authorize everything again through this.

But, it installed and DP successfully scanned the AUs.

So...(hate to be prematurely overly optimistic) right now all is good.

Buzzy

(And with the extended Cyber Monday discount, it was $19.00 + tax.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Well, how about that! I may have to re-demo Electric 88, too! The website says we're now cleared for OS 10.12.1, but no word about DP. If they work, I'd love to have them.
Jim Bordner

buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

It shows...

Electric 88 Piano (V9) - Supported Hosts

Digital Performer 9.1.2 (Audio Units)

As I mentioned, I'm still on 9.01 but cool so far!

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)

Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

Babz

Post by Babz »

Well, after one too many Cyber Monday "last chance" emails, I broke down and went for it and ordered the Electric 88 as well -- like I need another Rhodes, like I need another Waves plugin to someday get WUPped upside the head with. But, the $17.10 price was too tempting.

Still waiting for AudioDeluxe to send me my code, so can't comment on the quality of it just yet.

Babz
Babz

Post by Babz »

I have now been waiting for two days for my order from AudioDeluxe.com.

Has anyone ever dealt with them before? This is only my 2nd time ordering from them, and last time my order arrived instantly.

However, in this case I never received an email acknowledgement of the order, and I have not yet received my Electronic Delivery (license and download link).

The order *does* show up as "Completed" when I log into my account.

They have no phone number (never a good sign), and I have emailed them for two days now with no answer. :roll:

Hopefully, it's just a glitch or something, but I was just wondering if others have had bad experiences with this vendor before?

Thx,
Babz
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

My 2-3 experiences with AD were not problematic at all.

Maybe a (extended) Cyber Monday slowdown?

Buzzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

Babz

Post by Babz »

After 3 days, finally got my order, along with an apologetic note. Some sort of problem w/ their email server.

As for the Electric 88 itself. Disappointing. With a lot of tweaking, I can almost get something I like out of it. Most of the presets are extreme and unnatural sounding. I probably won't use it very much.

But the plugin seems to function fine in my tests in DP.

So IMO, Electric 200, thumbs up; Electric 88, not so much.

My favorite Rhodes remain: Scarbee, Gospel Musicians, and Keyscape

Babz
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

If you buy any new Waves plug-ins, do you have to re "WUP"? Or can you just buy the plugs or VI's
straight away?
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Babz

Post by Babz »

You get WUPPED upside the head a year after you purchase. Everything works as always, it's just you get an email offering you to "extend your 'support protection'". In other words they cut you off from updates unless you pay again.

B.