Bizarre interloper in Apple's Calendar App

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
cleamon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Bizarre interloper in Apple's Calendar App

Post by cleamon »

cleamon wrote:And yet another "solution". http://osxdaily.com/2016/11/26/icloud-c ... vite-stop/
Oops, just noticed this is a duplicate post. Sorry.
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I used the method described at Ars Technica, and it worked. I can't believe that Apple exposed us to that kind thing. Freaking Chinese spammers.

The trick is going online to your iCloud account. just go to http://www.icloud.com and log into your iCloud account with your Apple ID. Only in your online calendar does there appear to be the necessary preference to have future spam sent to email instead of calendar.

Also, it appears that the only way to get rid of the stuff is to "accept" it so that it will show up in a calendar. Then you can delete the calendar. But don't do it without first setting spam (invite notifications) to go to email, or you will be inundated with calendar spam. Geez. Brilliant spammers, really: what's more effective than a notification popping up on your screen that you need to go shop for such-and-such at a certain time?

Once again, I cannot believe that Apple left the door open on that one. Bad Apple! Bad Apple!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31