Falcon 1.2 released

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Falcon 1.2 released

Post by bayswater »

I succumbed and bought it this afternoon. The demos and tutorial videos were pretty convincing. At $179 it pretty much what I'd expect to pay for the next MachFive upgrade if it ever happens.

It's three days after the cutoff but I think if you just contact support and tell them you're looking for the Mach5 crossgrade, you'll get a voucher code. In fact, I asked them about it a few weeks ago, and the reply was that my account was already qualified, so I'm wondering how they knew I have MachFive, or whether they care. When I went to buy it the price was not discounted, but on contacting them again, they sent me a code.

Superficially, it looks like MachFive, but I think the interface is much improved, and the whole thing feels smoother and more efficient. All my old stuff loads well and quickly.

Now, wondering what to do with the $100 coupon that comes with it. Can anyone verify that the UVI Orchestral Suite is the same sample set at MOTU Symphonic Instrument?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8