Waves new subscription plan

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Waves new subscription plan

Post by Phil O »

From 2012:
Phil O wrote:
Shooshie wrote:...They were not only unhelpful, but were derisive toward me for using DP, suggesting that I switch to Logic...
I got essentially the same response. All I asked them for was a WUP extension, since their plugins had been unusable to me (and other DP users) for about a year. They flatly refused. That was the last time I was WUPed, and I won't ever go back.

Phil
That was at a time when Waves wasn't working in the then-current version of DP and when they finally fixed it they asked some DP users for another WUP in order to get the fix. So they essentially charged DP users for a full year that the product didn't work. I cannot/will not support this company and will dis them every chance I get! My advice is the sooner you dump them the better. There are other great plug-ins out there from companies with scruples.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

waxman wrote:It's plugin product is as good or better then the competition...
Two words: Fabrice Gabriel. Ever since FG-X, I've been a big fan. He's sort of like the modern day Michael Gerzon. His stuff is brilliant.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
waxman

Post by waxman »

Yep Fabrice is a genius...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.