September Rising - 15 Years Later

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

September Rising - 15 Years Later

Post by Babz »

15 years ago, in the aftermath of 9-11, MOTU users organized online to create a benefit CD for NYC firefighters. As far as we know, this was the first time a record was made via Internet collaboration. This was a time when most people still used dialup, and mp3 barely existed. The production of the CD was actually underwritten by MOTU themselves. You can listen to the album here:

https://soundcloud.com/septemberrising/ ... ising-cd-1
frankf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: September Rising - 15 Years Later

Post by frankf »

Thanks for reminding us of this great project Babz

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Nice. I've never heard it before.

Though I was a DP user back then, I didn't join MOTUNation till 2009. Is there an old thread on September Rising?

I found the press release:
[url]file:///Users/mikehalloran/Downloads/september_rising_pr.pdf[/url]
Last edited by mikehalloran on Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

mikehalloran wrote:Is there an old thread on September Rising?
I think the original thread can be found somewhere in the archives here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motu-mac/info
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
docwindprod

Post by docwindprod »

That was a great project with a lot of great people involved. Still have it on my playlist.
carrythebanner

Post by carrythebanner »

Thanks for sharing, hadn't heard of this before now.

I submit releases to Discogs on a regular basis — mostly local artists, non-Western artists, or other music that might not be catalogued for posterity. It would be great to include this. I can add it as long as someone who has the CD can:
* confirm the music on the CD matches what's on Soundcloud
* provide photos (front cover, back cover, and the disc face are the preferred minimum; additional photos of the booklet are appreciated so the full credits can be logged)
(Discogs requires that you have firsthand knowledge of the release to submit it; usually that means having a copy in your hand, but a good set of photos and confirmation of the disc's contents will suffice. Photos are not technically required but it'll help a lot and give other folks a way to confirm the submitted info.)

If anyone who has the CD is interested in assisting, let me know.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."