Altiverb 7.2.8 and DP 9

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
zuul-studios
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Altiverb 7.2.8 and DP 9

Post by zuul-studios »

Hello -

I received notice that there was a new version of Altiverb. The notice came when I opened Altiverb from within a DP 9 project. The new version is 7.2.8. Interestingly, it seems that Audio Ease has not formally announced this new version of Altiverb on its web-site yet.

As instructed, I requested and received an email which provided a link to this new version of Altiverb. Unfortunately, it seems that this new version of Altiverb (version 7.2.8 ) has "performance issues" with DP 9. Because of this, Audio Ease recommends upgrading to, or sticking to, version 7.2.6. However, version 7.2.8 of Altiverb seems ready for most other Mac-OS based (and Windows based) DAWs, it seems.

Of course I am sticking to Altiverb 7.2.6. I use Altiverb quite often for my modest DP 9 sequencing projects. I am just left wondering to what the problem(s) might be between the latest (un-announced) version of Altiverb and DP 9. Does anyone here have any insight to all of this?
Computer:
Apple's M2 Mac Studio with 96 RAM; macOS X 14.5 (beta); 1 Internal SSD, 8 External SSDs, MOTU 828es audio device, AKAI MPK88 Keyboard Controller

Software:
DP11.31, Logic Pro X, FCPX, DaVinci Resolve; VSL's Super Package, VEPro 7 & MIR Pro, VI Pro 2; Altiverb 8; Cinesample's CineSympnony Complete Bundle; Native-Instrument's Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition, and many more VIs.
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Altiverb 7.2.8 and DP 9

Post by David Polich »

I've been using 7.2.8 for a week
with no issues at all. I wonder what
the "performance issues" are.

Downloaded 7.2.6 installer and will
keep it handy in case 7.2.8 starts
causing problems...
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com