Radiogal

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Radiogal

Post by James Steele »

mhschmieder wrote:I too have been wondering about a lot of people who used to contribute a lot.
Well, I wonder about the issue of web forums versus Facebook. Randy Knaub, who is a buddy of mine, started a Digital Performer Facebook group, and I think since a lot of people are already on Facebook a certain amount of time per day, that can be appealing. The initial post to a Facebook group is like creating a topic here, and then the comments become the "thread". You get notifications when someone else has commented via Facebook, etc.
I hope Radio Gal is OK. I miss her presence here too.
Yep... it's nice to have the ladies participate here, like Babz and Trish (Radio Gal). It's one of the reasons I try to keep an eye out for discussions where someone makes a joke, but it might contain innuendo. I think sometimes we just forget that we're in "mixed company". :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
FMiguelez

Re: Radiogal

Post by FMiguelez »

James Steele wrote:
Well, I wonder about the issue of web forums versus Facebook. Randy Knaub, who is a buddy of mine, started a Digital Performer Facebook group, and I think since a lot of people are already on Facebook a certain amount of time per day, that can be appealing. The initial post to a Facebook group is like creating a topic here, and then the comments become the "thread". You get notifications when someone else has commented via Facebook, etc.
I really dislike Facebook for anything else except "light chatter".
Its format is useless for serious discussions i.e., no quoting facilities, no bold or italics, conversations burried within answers, almost useless search functions.

For serious stuff, like DP-talk or science, I prefer to stick to fora like MOTUNation.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Agreed.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

FMiguelez wrote: I really dislike Facebook for anything else except "light chatter".
It's certainly not conducive to technical stuff like we discuss here. At best I'll post a software update for my friends who care about such things, otherwise we're bashing the politics and religious beliefs we don't agree with, posting pictures of cats and our last supper, and finding out how much our friends from high school have changed. That kind of stuff... I only have one friend from high school on Motunation and he hasn't changed at all since high school. Man, at least change your shirt! :lol:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
FMiguelez wrote: I really dislike Facebook for anything else except "light chatter".
It's certainly not conducive to technical stuff like we discuss here. At best I'll post a software update for my friends who care about such things, otherwise we're bashing the politics and religious beliefs we don't agree with, posting pictures of cats and our last supper, and finding out how much our friends from high school have changed. That kind of stuff... I only have one friend from high school on Motunation and he hasn't changed at all since high school. Man, at least change your shirt! :lol:
Maya if Janes ran Facebook ...
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

bayswater wrote: Maya if Janes ran Facebook ...
I'll have what he's having... :rofl:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Same here. :mrgreen:
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Sorry. I just got a keyboard case for my iPad Mini. Looks like I haven't quite mastered it. Back to the Mac.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

bayswater wrote:Maya if Janes ran Facebook ...
This could replace "MOTU must face" or even "Brad?" as the meme for the day... :woohoo:

You can never trust what those Jane's are going to do next.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

And I thought he was talking about Jane's Defense Weekly!
(Good luck at getting Radiogal back at this rate!)
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
MIDI Life Crisis

I like it. When someone gets out of hand on the forum we just blow them out of the water!

Good call. This was taken at the Troll Atoll. Fire in the Troll Hole!!!

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

Yes I was wondering what happened to my Unicorn sister lately too! :unicorn:

Haven't seen much of Frodo or Monkey Man lately either.

Even if our stars have lost some of their glitter, this still remains the finest group of users around -- and the group I trust most!

8)

Babz
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

James Steele wrote:I've maybe booted off two people in the past few years. It had not amounted to that many people despite my fearsome reputation. :)
I can attest to James' benevolence. I'm still here right? :dance:
Sometimes we all get busy and have no real issues and seem to disappear. Unfortunately, it often takes problems to make people come around which makes the app look like it's all problems, one of the downsides of forums like this
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
MIDI Life Crisis

Tell me about my it. If I were James I'd have booted me off here long ago. Heck, if I were me I'd do it even sooner.

Don't try to figure that out. I have no idea what I means. I only know it sounds good.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Patricia V has become highly successful in a second career as a certified fitness instructor. She's teaching spin and trampoline classes, and rides her bike competitively. I know she still works in the studio, but the majority of her time is spent exhorting people to sweat.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]